Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Muck Family

The other day on the way to eat, Megan was entertaining herself and Jackson by drawing pictures. These pictures depicted crazy characters that were all part of a family. The first series was called The Muck Family. Here are a couple of them:

The second series was the Luck Family. As photographed here:

But suddenly Eric and I heard something disturbing coming from the back seat. Apparently the third family in the series was the F **k Family. Oh my! There is nothing quite like hearing your 4 year old saying the F**k Family over and over again. Apparently it was time for a lesson on this particular swear word. How surprised am I that my 8 year old had never heard the word? She was genuinely shocked. Eric and I were genuinely shocked also, but we also got a good laugh out of it. Luckily no pictures had yet been drawn detailing this particular family.

6 comments:

Cardalls said...

The other day our kids were rhyming the "Itchy" family...all fine and dandy until the letter B. We had to have a lesson too.

Melissa Summers said...

We have had to have that discussion too with more than just the f word. So sad they hear these things in the first place.

Rachael said...

I love it! Eli was trying to pronounce something the other day and you know Eli's speech...it came out "F___"-I thought it was funny.

bloodfamily said...

Thank goodness that you were the only ones that heard it. That's kids for ya - always keeping you on your toes. The innocense of youth. I wish that they could keep it longer.

Jossie said...

Hilarious :-) Luckily we haven't heard any swear words from Tyler...yet :-)

Autumn said...

We had this discussion in the first grade when CJ was learning to read. He read it on the sidewalk at the playground. It is hard to explain that particular bad word. I wish I was a fly on the wall in your car!!That would have been fun!!