Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Would Never

I have had many self-righteous I would never moments. You know the kind that start out, "I would never let my child (insert undesirable behavior here)". Of course over the years I have had to bring myself down a notch. A few years ago I vividly remember looking at another child's fingernails (a boys) and noticing that they were extremely long. In one of my not so great judgmental moments I thought to myself, "How can you let your boys fingernails get that out of control. I would never let this happen." Well, in the future if you see my son's fingernails, try not to judge me too harshly.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Sarah-that is nothing! Eli's grow so fast that on a bi-weekly basis I am shocked at how long they have gotten!
I have learned not to say, I would never and say-I pray that my son/daughter will never...

Cardalls said...

Oh boys and their gross and disgusting fingernails! How do they get that gross so fast?? At least those are clean! I have eaten SO MANY words as a Mom...I was a perfect Mom before I had kids and now well.....

Melissa Summers said...

Those nails don't even look long. Welcome to the club of "I would never". It isn't the best club but you sure learn a lot.

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

It is not a good habit, but my boys bite their nails, that is the only reason why they don't have long nails.