Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday To........ME!!!

Today I am 31. I know, I know, I don't look a day over 30. So for my birthday I have compiled another list of 100 things about myself. Mostly for me to remember who I am at this age.


My Birthday 100

1. I love to jump on the trampoline.
2. I don't iron frequently.
3. I own no luxury items.
4. Desserts with fruit or berries are my favorite kinds.
5. I will miss a lot of things when my kids grow up, but I am pretty sure I will not miss fingerprints on glass or windows.
6. I don't change my household decorations based on the seasons.
7. Every few years I become obsessed with getting a job, but don't follow-through.
8. I love to swing (not that kind, but the kind of swinging you do at the park).
9. I am constantly misplacing my sunglasses.
10. This past year I have had a desire to try out for Survivor. Even though don't like the outdoors, particularly camping.
11. I had to stop watching Wheel Of Fortune because it depressed me that people (not me) were winning so many great things.
12. I love Family Feud. But just the old ones with Richard Dawson as host. I have a secret crush on him.
13. Clutter drives me crazy. However, in the last few months I have thrown two things out that I now wish I still had.
14. Babysitting is not a service I enjoy performing.
15. I still watch the Real World and the Real World/Road Rules Challenge on MTV. However now I watch with a sense of disgust.
16. I love black furniture.
17. I love babies. They would be perfect if it weren't for all the crying.
18. I collect pitchers.

19. I prefer black and white photos.
20. I love politics.
21. I gain all of my weight in my stomach.
22. There are certain words I cannot make myself say. I cannot even write them or I would tell you what they are.
23. I no longer crave fast food.
24. Being a nurse would be my least favorite job.
25. I don't swear much, except while watching sports. Something about them brings it out in me.
26. I love my car.
27. I use to be self-conscious of my moles, but now I don't even think about them.
28. I don't mow the lawn. Except for this one time.


29. I am a stickler for rules. Cheating drives me crazy.
30. We have had our alarm clock for 4 years but I have never learned how to set it.
31. I have lots of journals and stationary that I have never used. I don't know what I am saving them for.
32. I think all Swiffer products are amazing.
33. Spain and Mexico are the only foreign countries I have visited.
34. I have only visited 14 states (not including those stopped in briefly for layovers).
35. I can recite all of the states in alphabetical order.
36. I would like to carry a handgun around with me in my purse, but never really would.
37. I have many sets of dishes.
38. I am always wondering what mistakes I am making as a parent that my kids will remember when they grow up.
39. My grandma's house was the one place I always felt totally loved as a child.
40. I am scared to get Sadie immunized.
41. I love the smell of rubbing alcohol.
42. I would rather go out to dinner than get flowers.
43. I have an addictive personality, but like being in control too much to let myself become addicted to anything.
44. I sneeze loudly.
45. I blow air out of my nose when I laugh.
46. I could never home school my kids. I do not have the patience for it.
47. I can't wait to re-read my 100 lists when I am 40 or 50 and see how much I have changed.
48. I wish I had more endurance.
49. I have a hard time following directions, especially when putting toys or furniture together.
50. This is my favorite part of my home:

I love walking in the front door and seeing these birds.

51. I am orally fixated.
52. My favorite book is the Red Tent.
53. My least favorite book is The House Of Sand And Fog. I found it maddening.
54. My current favorite song is "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock. It is truly impossible not to dance to.
55. I wear an apron whenever I cook or clean.
56. I sleep with 3 pillows.
57. I am impatient.
58. I never buy fingernail polish, but it is one of my favorite gifts to get.
59. I am not particularly sentimental.
60. I take my jewelry off as soon as I get home.
61. When I am at home I am usually dressed very comfortably.
62. I have tried waxing my eyebrows, but am not that into it.
63. I hate this (subwoofer) :

But have been told it can't be put anywhere else.

64. I don't think I ever want to live on the beach, because I am afraid of Tsunamis.
65. I have Photoshop, but have not installed it yet (I have had it for over 6 months).
66. I wish I could find the "perfect" pair of jeans.
67. I don't look good with really short hair.
68. I find toe rings to be very unattractive.
69. I had a lot of freedom as a child and teenager.
70. I don't enjoy writing the capital letters D or G.
71. I enjoy black clothing.
72. My body has changed dramatically since I had kids.
73. 3:30 - 6 pm is my least favorite time of day. I feel like I am never very productive during this time.
74. I bruise easily. I currently have 6 bruises on my right leg.
75. I really admire people who take the bus.
76. I have given up using paper plates, but can't yet give up paper towels or water bottles.
77. Things I miss most about Utah: The time zone and T.V. shows starting an hour earlier!
78. I have voted in every election since I turned 18. I love to vote!
79. I don't eat hot dogs.
80. While pregnant I have overwhelming cravings for green Tums.
81. I wish I had scrapbooking talent.
82. I am pet free.
83. Green Apple Extra is my favorite gum, but they have stopped making it!!!
84. I thought a baby horse was called a pony until 2 years ago.
85. I spell well.
86. I buy cheap laundry detergent.
87. When I was younger I really believed you could get ink poisoning if you wrote on your skin.
88. I also believed that if you popped a zit, the puss could get into your blood stream and kill you.
89. I believe strongly in personal responsibility.
90. High School did not prepare me for College.
91. I would be a terrible Police Officer.
92. Every night I check to make sure my kids are breathing before I go to bed.
93. I enjoy a winter wardrobe much more than a summer one.
94. Today, I bent over and my lower back actually hurt!
95. Since moving to Las Vegas I hardly ever wear socks.
96. I rarely spend more than $20 on any piece of clothing or pair of shoes.

I got these shoes in the mail 2 days ago from oldnavy.com. They were $7.

97. I have a Vision Board.
98.Black ink pens are my favorite.
99. I can walk on stilts.
100. I am old. JUST KIDDING!

10 comments:

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

Sarah, I hope you had a fun 31st birthday! I enjoy reading your blog.

I better go. I should be cleaning or organizing, but I am on the computer instead. :)

Rachael said...

1- Funny about the swinging!..my mind didn't go there.
2-You know you want Richard Dawson to lay a wet one on you!
3-#14...AMEN!
4-I want to know what these 'words' are!
5-I usually NEVER swear (the big words) but in the last month or so, they are the first thing that come to mind and mouth when something happens!
6-What moles?
7-#40-research it and you will feel better about your decision all the way. You know I am on the not immunization train! I am happy and comfortable with my decision!
8-Toe rings unattractive...are you kidding! I love them! I am going to go get one now!
9-I don't like writing "E" so what do I name my son???
10-#94-you are definitely getting old! Ever since being pregnant with Eli, my back has a spams or tightening every once in a while!(31 yrs old too)
11-LOVE the shoes!

Happy Birthday my friend! I love you!

Eric said...

31 and still sexy, smart, and sassy as ever!!! Some things just get better with age and you are definitely one of them. Thanks for always being such a supportive and loving wife and mother. You're the best! I LOVE YOU!!!

Cardalls said...

I wasn't going to comment, but couldn't help but go AWWW at the comment from Eric. #101 you have a keeper for a husband!

Jossie said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that list! You have an amazing talent for writing interestingly (is that even a word??). Here are my comments on particular ones :-)
#8-I actually laughed out loud at this one.
#14-Ditto! I love giving service and doing it occassionally and now that Tyler is older it doesn't feel quite like 'babysitting' anymore rather than him having friends over to play :-)
#42-I'm with you on this one. As long as it's just me and Karl going out to dinner. Taking Tyler is just too much work :-)
#46-Me neither!!!
#63-Funny! This one made me laugh out loud too!
#66-I believe I have found the perfect jeans...finally! Express has two different styles that fit me so great!
#88-It can't?? :-)
#96-Those shoes are super cute!

Happy birthday woman! P.S. So sorry I couldn't make it to lunch today. It made me very, very sad. I do have your gift though :-) I'll bring it by soon :-) Love ya!

Autumn said...

I love that you wear aprons when you cook. It is such a LeAnne thing to do. I wish I would think to wear one. I have a really cute one and I have ruined so many clothes. I think you are great!! Happy Birthday!!

Melissa B said...

Happy Birthday! Great list, I love to learn new things about people.

Ralaina said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I am so late but when I read your blog I laughed out loud you are so so cute and funny! It sounds like you had an awesome birthday! I love that you and your friend exchange books. It was the greatest gift ever when you came over with all of your good books when I was laid up! I am finishing Scarlet (Gone With the Wind sequel) it is sooo good. Both are a must read if you haven't! Love ya!

Melody said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday!!! I hope you had a happy day!!! I loved reading all that stuff about you!!!

T Mac said...

Ok, so apparently i missed your birthday, but every now and again i check your blog and i love it...but i have a couple of questions in regards to your birthday 100! #29, you say "rule stickler"...what about when we played "scene it" and you girls took the boys question and won but it seemed ok to "bend" the rules that time, so i say "cheater" :) And #73, if you aren't a morning or night person...and 3:30-6 is your least favorite part of the day...then when is a good time to see you? I just want to make sure i visit at the right times, jk! Anyways, Happy Birthday and thanks for letting me come see ya'll. love you guys!