Monday, April 13, 2009

12 X 12 April

Since Easter was on the 12th this month, these pictures will document what we did the rest of our day.
After the kids explored their baskets and we hunted for eggs, it was time to get ready for church.

The ironing board is always out on Sunday mornings, and this Sunday it was Eric that did the honors.

The kids walking into church. The weather was beyond beautiful today.

After church, we left town to go to my mom's in St. George. The drive down was very enjoyable. Sadie slept quite a bit and Megan and Jackson watched a new Tom & Jerry movie they received for Easter. The thingy (I don't know the name of) that allows me to listen to my IPOD in the car has been broken for months. Luckily for me Eric was able to fix it yesterday, so I had quite an enjoyable ride also. I always know that Eric can fix most things when they break, it just may take him a month or two or six.

We had a great time in St. George. We ate dinner, played at the park, and took a nice long walk on the Riverwalk trail. The highlight of which was seeing a stink beetle and a lizard.

I love this little picture of Sadie reaching for Eric's hand. We drove home much the same way we drove up, with movies, music and a sleeping baby.

This picture of Megan was taken right before she went to bed after being awake for almost 20 hours. She started her day at 2 am Sunday morning and it was almost 10 pm when she was finally in bed. Megan does not seem to need large amounts of sleep. She usually will sleep a good 8 hours at night, but every once in a while she seems to catch up on sleep and will wake up for the day at a time like 2 am when she should still be sleeping. She is really good about it though. She just stays in her room and waits for the sun to come up. She is also unaffected the next day. She shows no signs of tiredness and is not cranky at all. Have you ever had a child like this?

6 comments:

Cardalls said...

Fun pictures! you and your Mom look a lot alike in that picture of the two of you. My nathan doesn't need a lot of sleep either and is quite pleasant about it as well. He doesn't wake up as early as Megan, but sometimes he wakes up at 5:00 and can't go back to sleep. Sleeping in for him is 7:00.

Rachael said...

So nice Easter was on the 12th this year! SO many fun things to document! Love the picture of Sadie reaching for Eric's hand! I can't believe Megan can last that long! NO WAY could I do it and my kids would be a nightmare...lex already is with 11 hrs of sleep!

Jossie said...

I am blown away with how much you and your mom look alike! Wow! Cute pics....oh and crazy that Megan only needs that much sleep. My whole family needs a good 9 hours :-)

bloodfamily said...

Love the pictures, but I am ticked that I forgot to do my 12 x 12! Can't believe that I forgot it. You will have to remind me for next month. That photo of Sadie and Eric is a "framer".

Ralaina said...

I thought you and your mom looked a like too in that picture she looks so young. Your kids are so beautiful, all those beautiful blue eys. They are growing up and changing so fast! I am so glad to be able to see them as they are changing, it makes me sad and miss you all so much though.

Ralaina said...

I thought you and your mom looked a like too in that picture she looks so young. Your kids are so beautiful, all those beautiful blue eys. They are growing up and changing so fast! I am so glad to be able to see them as they are changing, it makes me sad and miss you all so much though.