Monday, November 5, 2012

Recent Aquisitions

I love to shop on the cheap! It is exhilarating. And I have had some good luck lately.

1. First I found this awesome 8 person NEW Coleman tent at the D.I. for $35. If I had purchased this at Wal-Mart it would have cost me $120 + tax. Cha-ching!



2. Also purchased at D.I. were three NEW sleeping bags. Sleeping bags ain't cheap people! Especially the blue one on the end. That thing is nice. I paid $15 a piece:



3. You may know about my shoe weakness? And also about how I feed that weakness by buying my shoes second-hand? These are my most recent D.I. acquisition:



New and only $6 baby!

 4. Before moving on from the D.I. I would now like to give a little public service announcement. If you are in need of a solid wood circular table-top that fits six, go to the D.I. right now and purchase it for only $25! I saw it there on Saturday and then was at R.C. Willey today and saw the exact same tabletop selling for $1000! Here is a picture of the table, with said table-top:



The one at the D.I. did have one small imperfection on the side, but still that is one amazing deal!

5. Moving on......I was also at Hobby Lobby today FOR THE FIRST TIME. Why has no one ever told me how great Hobby Lobby is?



I found exactly what I was looking for (petri dishes, which have been incredibly hard to find!) and also a couple of things I wasn't looking for (insert smiley face emoticon).

6. One other purchase I am rather fond of is this amazing scale I bought off of Groupon for $35 (regularly priced at $125). Not only does it tell me my weight, but also my body fat percentage, my body water percentage, my muscle mass percentage, and my bone mass weight.



You should come over and try it. Seriously. It's way cool.

7. I truly hope you haven't eaten recently. This next picture is almost unbearable to look at, but just think about how horrible it was to see in real life:



That is a CLUMP OF HAIR found in a Cream of Mushroom soup can! Wal-Mart brand.

I don't even know what to say.

8. And lastly, little Sade. Who I didn't buy but is rather my little shopping side-kick.



Having her with me makes shopping even more fun that it already is. She is up for anything, and keeps me laughing with her amazingly witty nature. I even avoid going shopping when she is at pre-school so I can have her with me on our shopping adventures.

But seriously, can you believe the hair in the Cream of Mushroom soup!

3 comments:

chercard said...

I am totally gagging and possibly throwing up a little in my mouth!

Kellie DeMille said...

Can you return the cream of mushroom soup? That is awful!! The tent and sleeping bag deals are awesome!! Great job!!! Is it awful that I try to pack in as much shopping as possible when Taylor is at preschool? That girl is expensive :) Hobby Lobby is AMAZING!!

Rachael said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is disgusting!!!! How the heck could that have happened!?!? Did you return it? I think I would have! NASTY!!!
Why do you need petri dishes? Science project?
Good finds!