Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Adventure Angels Activity #5

Our 5th Adventure Angels activity was the Color Me Rad 5K.
 I am in no way a runner so this took me decidedly out of my comfort zone.

(Which I guess is kind of the point.)

I had planned to possibly train a bit.

(Keyword being planned.)

It didn't happen.

And then I really considered not even participating when the night before the race I had to jog from Taco Bell to Circle K (a distance of maybe 300 feet) and ended up winded.

Seriously.

But of course I went anyway!

Walking in with our tutu's on, which Gina made for us. Thanks Gina!



Gina, Me, Leah and Rachael before the race:



Still all clean!

During the race, about every three-quarters of a mile or so you are doused with colored corn starch and liquid color.



After getting doused with lots and lots of green liquid:



Coming up to the finish line:



Thank goodness!

Some after shots:







As I had not trained one iota for the race, I ended up being pleased as punch with the outcome.

Although certainly the worst runner in the group I did much better than I thought I would.

Which is a victory in and of itself.

And I had a great time!

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Good job Sarah! I am so impressed with you! It looks like it was tons of fun :) Did the people throwing the green hate or love you? I think there is one small piece of white left on your shirt!

Rachael said...

I think your shirt looked soooo cool!!!! I'm glad that you got a lot of the pictures from the race..they didn't have any good ones of me!
I'm glad you did it!