Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Better Late Than Never

Pumpkin carving had to take place a few days AFTER Halloween this year.
I was in charge of putting Eric in charge of handling the entire production.



He found this cool seed growing inside one of the pumpkins:



First the cleaning took place. Luckily no one seemed to mind it much this year:






They all came up with and drew their designs (no one wanted to use a template this year) and then got to carving:



The finished products:

I am rather fond of the heart nose:




Jackson, or Harry as he is sometimes known, not surprisingly went with a Harry Potter design:



And that's it. Halloween is finally over!

Well over but certainly not forgotten. We have this hunormous (Sadie word!) amount of narrowed down candy still around to remind us of it for years to come:



A totally manageable amount.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

We didn't get much this year (thankfully) and I put it out in Steve's garage so I wouldn't eat any...I saw it today and rummaged through it...nothing that tempted me!

chercard said...

My kids hardly got any candy because our trunk or treat was just our ward and they didn't want to trick or treat after. There were only 2 Reeses int he whole batch...RIPOFF!

Kellie DeMille said...

I love pumpkin carving, I know it's weird. Your candy bowl is amazing, ours is filled with random mexican candy. No one will eat it so it just keeps sitting there staring at us. I think today is the day I throw it out :)