Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Eric and Jackson started off Thanksgiving with a trip to the Turkey Bowl!
Jackson looks so itty-bitty to me in this picture.



They had quite a large turnout this year:

The little kids (remember itty-bitty Jackson?) played with the grownups, which seemed to me like a decision only men would make. But it all worked out so I concede that they were right to make it.




Meanwhile back at home my best little helper Sadie Sade and I got busy cooking and cleaning. I asked her to load the dishwasher and was pleasantly surprised with her work:



After Eric and Jackson arrived home, Eric made the kids a light lunch:



 It would never occur to me to make fruit and veggie art for lunch. He is extra fun and creative.

A few hours later dinner was finally ready! It was just our little family this year, which I do believe is the first time that has ever happened. We almost always have at least one or two family members here or we spend the day with friends.



Happy (Late) Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Last year was our first to be just our little family and I liked it a lot!!! Lots of left overs!!!!!!!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! That Eric is such a fun Dad :) That was a huge turnout for the turkey bowl! I love when people support activities, it makes it fun for everyone.