Monday, November 26, 2012

Pinned Projects

f you are a reader of my blog you may remember that I have been collecting pallets to use in various projects? Joyously I finally got around to completing a couple of them!

First a new hook system for my purses. My pinterest inspiration:



Shown as a jewelry organizer. She used old barn wood which I have no access to, so I used pallet wood instead.

 My interpretation:



I was due for a change as I have had my old contraption (which I have no picture of) for the past 10 years. I couldn't be happier!

After completing the first project I ( meaning me and Eric) learned a few things. Most importantly, pallet wood is crappy, is incredibly difficult to get off the pallets, and splits if you put the littlest pressure on it.

So, for the next project I decided to use wood that I already had on hand and was conveniently already stained for a project I started a few years ago that didn't work out (a fireplace surround that was beyond hideous!).

My inspiration:



My interpretation:



I (meaning Eric) tried a number of different ribbons but I ultimately determined I preferred a golden linear look.

I would have preferred a more rugged wood, probably with a different colored stain, but the convenience of already having the wood prepped won out this time.

Their new home for the next month:



It bears mentioning that I did practically none of the work on these projects.



I have no power tools skills and limited creativity, but luckily I have a husband with uber amounts of both!

Happy Pinning!

3 comments:

chercard said...

I'm always impressed when someone actually does something from Pinterest. Mostly I pin and do nothing with it!

Rachael said...

Cute cute cute!!!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

If you, I mean Eric :) need any more wood I have a ton of wood sitting in my garage begging to be put to good use. I got it for free and will give it to anyone who wants it! Good work Eric!! Super cute!