Monday, November 12, 2012

Air Show 2012

I admit that I have some sort of mental block when it comes to the air show. I am incapable of enjoying myself. I told Eric that next year I just wouldn't come or I would go on some sort of medication to get me through it. It's irrational.
Although this year it was freezing cold, so my feelings could be construed to be somewhat warranted.

Anyway, the bus ride there was downright pleasant.



And seeing the Budweiser Clydesdale's was awesome:



We of course checked out all of the airplanes:



Later in the day these were filled with people trying to escape the cold.



Eric imparting his vast airplane knowledge on the kids:



The Raptor show was really cool. I liked it better than the Thunderbirds:



Checking out the helicopters:



Finally it was time for main event: The Thunderbirds:



This is the part of the show where my irrational feelings boil to the surface. I know that after the show there will be a RUSH to get back on the buses, and I could not bear the thought of waiting in line in the freezing cold for an hour.

Nevertheless, we watched the show:



This is how Sade watched most of it.



Fingers in her ears, hat over her face, trying to escape the noise and the cold.

Before it was all the way over Eric asked us we if we wanted to head back to the buses. We all responded with YES! I wasn't the only one not having the best time. The kids were freezing!



Next year will be better! I am going to change my mindset and enjoy myself!
 (Just as long as the weather isn't terrible.)

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I get the same way after any large event. I hate the craziness of trying to get home with exhausted, crazy kids. We sit in our seats after disney on ice for an extra half hour after the end just to try to not be mauled to death or lose a kid in the mad rush to get out of an event. Jason and I both vetoed the air show this year. Too cold and the kids are too young. I say next year we send the hubs with the kids and we go get pedicures :)

Rachael said...

We watched it from above the Base...in our car...it was still FREEZING!!!!!!! We stood outside for the flying stuff and would sit in the back of the car between them! I felt bad for all the people down there! Miserable! Did it take an hour to get back to the parking lot?