
She has been cold free for a couple of weeks, so I finally decided she needed to learn to sleep in her crib. I have been dreading it, because I anticipated many sleepless nights ahead of me. So we tried it, and to my surprise she seemed to have no problems. I was so excited. I could hardly believe my luck. Fast forward 2 days later when she decided to switch up her night time routine. You may have heard me brag about her sleeping through the night at a young age, but those days seem to be over. She is now waking up every 2 to 3 hours, and I am not enjoying it. I fear it is becoming a habit. Any advice?
10 comments:
Oh, I know what you are going through! Chase finally slept through the night at about 5 months. I know he could have done it sooner, but I wasn't ready to let him cry it out. I finally had to do it. The first night he cried for about 15 min and then went to sleep for 4 hours, then woke up and cried for about 10 min. Then slept til morning. Each time I went in and checked on him. I didn't pick him up, but I rubbed his tummy and told him it was time to sleep, then left. The next two nights I had to do the same thing, but each night got a little better and by the 4th night he slept for about 10 hours! He did really well for about a month, then he started getting teeth and that was waking him up. But by then I knew he could sleep through the night and I knew that all I had to do was check on him and 'tell' him to go to sleep. And if his teeth were really bothering him then I would give him tylenol or orajel. Is she teething? That could be why her sleeping schedule is messed up! Hope this helps. It's hard to let your baby cry, but I think it is really beneficial to them and allows them to learn to soothe themselves. Just do it on a weekend, when no one has to get up early in the morning for work or school! Good luck!
Oh Sarah I am SO sorry! I have a great book for you (thanks Rachel Howard!) called 12 hours sleep by 12 weeks old. It totally helped me with Tyler. However, in the end, we had to do the crying it out thing too. The first night he cried for almost 3 hours (I got a lot of work done on the computer that night!) and he cried during his whole entire nap that day. The next night it was about an hour and a half and he got a nap. The third night is was about 30 minutes and after that he was good! For a while he would revert back but only for one night. Good luck and let me know if you want to borrow my book :-)
I will have to try out some of these ideas myself in a few weeks when my little guy is bigger! But I can totally sympathize right now! It is so hard waking up every few hours! It was fun getting to visit with you yesterday!
This is the most frustrating thing with babies! I am such a sucker and HATE to see my kids sad and cry so they sleep in bed with my hooked to the boob until 7-8 months when I just can't take it anymore. With both of them I knew I had to do the crying out thing but was so stressed about 'hearing' them cry so I put them in their room, shut the door, shut my door and turned on a noise maker for ME. Then said a little prayer to HF to wake me if there was REALLY something wrong. I slept peacefully and have NO idea to this day how bad it was for them! Horrible I know, but I can't listen to it. I would sit there a bawl like a baby!
There was no advice in that. Good luck!
I don't know...Emma has done the exact same thing. She was sleeping 8-10 hours at night and now wakes up every 3-4 hours. She is sharing a room with Garrett so I can't let her cry. What to do?? Hopefully it's a phase...that's what I keep telling myself. I can't do the cry it out thing either.
I just want to eat that cute little Sadie up! I would like to make a Sadie reservation for the next Fast Sunday... LOL I don't play piano on Fast Sunday. :o)
Hey, I got your comment on my blog and to answer your question: Yes, my car does have a 3rd row. It only seats two, not three and the middle row has two bucket seats. So my car fits a total of 6. But I know that you can get the middle row as a bench seat so then the car will seat 7. I really like the bucket seats because when we have adults all in the car it is pretty comfy!
I'm sorry, I was so happy for you that she was sleeping through the night. I wish I could give you some tips but unfortunately, I never figured this out.
Ohh man that's really hard! I'm soo sorry! The only thing I've found is that it's just a phase, for my kids at least, and they eventually revert back to their regular sleep patterns. Charity used to fall asleep by herself and now we have to her for out 5 minutes when she's sleepy and she's out and we can lay her down. Anyway I don't think I helped much? Sorry again! Good Luck!
Oh poor baby and Mom.
I have never been able to let my kids cry it out. I find that sometimes they go through a change in sleep cycles that last a short while then go back to their regular schedule. I think sometimes moving from a smaller bed (either a bassinet or carseat) to a crib can be a bit frightening for a little one. They have to get use to all of that freedom to move around. Once she gets use to it she will go back to her routine -- at least I hope so for your sake!
Post a Comment