Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SPT


We are continuing on with the "wedding month" challenges.

Last week was something old, and this week is something new. This challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to do something that I have wanted to do for a very long time. Practically everyone I know gets their eyebrows waxed. In the 30 years I have been alive, I have never touched mine. That's right, not even with a tweezer. When I went to get it done, the lady kept asking me who did mine before (because as she said, "They didn't do a very good job"). She also told me I had to stop plucking my right one more than my left. I explained to her that I had never had my eyebrows waxed, nor had I ever plucked them, but she looked at me like she didn't believe me. I would also like to say that my friend, Rachael, told me that it didn't hurt, but that is completely untrue. It did hurt.

Before

After

Now that I am comparing the two photos I think I look better in the before photo. However, I think it is probably because my eyes look swollen from the waxing, and they had been watering quite a bit. Now that it has been a few days I am happy with the results. Only time will tell if I decide to keep it up.

26 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

I have been thinking lately about getting mine waxed...I've always tweezed but I'm not sure they ever come out symmetrical looking. Yours look great! I'm sure it takes a while to get used to the new brows...like a new haircut. And, BTW, your blue eyes are stunning!

Cardalls said...

I hate the maintenance of eyebrows! I HATE plucking so I do wax them, but then it has to be done so often or they look terrible. There is no good solution. And yes it DOES hurt!

Lene said...

I hate tweezing and have been blessed with a unibrow so I wax. Probably more info than you wanted to know about a stranger :) Yes it hurts, but it is so worth it.

dhbean said...

Hey Sarah! I must say that at least your eyelids aren't completely RED! I cannot be seen the day I wax my eyebrows because they are so swollen and red for at least 24 hours! The things we do for beauty!!! :)

PS Your blog is so cute!

Holly

Alisa said...

That is for sure a new thing-
Ouch-
Mine get so red that I can't go anywhere after ...
I just had mine done, and had my
19 1/2 month old with me. It really scared him!

Alisa said...

I forgot to add,
I think they look good!

Bren's Life said...

It looks Great! You have such beautiful blue eyes. Wow - you don't have to wear make up or oanything & your eyes stand out so much..
Looks Great!

Holly said...

Waxing does sting, well okay, hurt. I think it's worth it, at least for me. I always feel so much better--except I'm red for a while.

Looks good!

Rachael said...

It really opens up your eyes! I love it!
I must have tough skin because it doesn't hurt me and I can pretty much go out right after getting it done...you wimp!
I am glad you got it done and I am amazed that you have never done your eyebrows!

Melanie said...

I have never touched mine either, and thanks for the reminder that they probably look like they were done really badly as well. Thanks for the pain warning, I will be sure to wait many more years lol

Dacia said...

It took me a long to to start tweezing my own eyebrows. I've never done the wax thing before, but I should because maybe it would hurt for a shorter period of time. I'm so unlucky because I have dark bushy eyebrows and they're a pain to keep up with. By the way, yours look good!

Melody said...

I love them! I pluck mine because plucking hurts less for me then waxing. I think waxing 'anything' is toooo painful! Anyway doesn't having neat and perfect eyebrows make your face feel cleaner? I don't know why but when I have stragglers it makes me feel dirty or messy!

Chris said...

I get mine waxed, it does hurt.
Although I find that the plucking right after the waxing hurts worse. What we do for beauty eh? I do prefer it done in one shot though. I think it looks good. Not too much red.

me said...

I am like you, I have never had that done. I have never had the courage. So good for you that you did it. Maybe one day I will work up the guts...

Jossie said...

I think it totally opens up your eyes! I love it!!! I promise it gets less painful as you do it more :-)

Jeanette said...

You look great! I also waited until I was 30 to start the whole eyebrow thing, but now I love the look of a manicured eyebrow and will never go back.

Sandi said...

Too funny. You didn't look that bad before, but I do see a difference in the arch of your brow. Great new thing.

Warren said...

Amber has plucked mine a few times, and man, it is something I would never wish on anyone. I don't know how girls do it.

Courtney said...

Man, the things we girls have to endure to look good! I can't believe you have never succumbed to a wax job...good for you and I like the after picture...it opens your eyes more...beautiful!

rachel said...

We are so much alike in this. I have never had mine waxed and I pluck maybe once a year and I cry every time I do it. I knew a lady that insisted your eyebrows are the picture frame of your face. Whatever, I guess I'm just too lazy. However, you look so good, I might have to do something about mine.

Midge said...

my sisters held me down when I was about 20 and plucked them for me. Not that they were that bad, however in front of a cute boy one of my sisters told him how I use to have a unibrow, so not true, and I still hold it against her that she said that, ok not really. I think your eyes look pretty either way.

Cassidy said...

Wow I can't believe you have never done anything to your eyebrows before! I think they look great. I actually have never gotten my eyebrows waxed but have plucked ever since I started jr high. I still hate doing them.

Cassidy said...

By the way what is "SPT"?

The Monkeys said...

I have eyebrows like Brooke Shields- I didn't do anything to them until I was 30 either, except keep the unibrow under control. I think you look great!

Unknown said...

i almost posted about my eyebrows this week - as i found a *new* gray eyebrow when i was tweezing! eek.

Ralaina said...

You look great either way. Your lucky you don't have to keep up on it. I know after I started I definately had to keep doing it and it is a pain and is painful. One more thing to maintain...the things we go through :)