Tuesday, May 6, 2008

SPT


This Week's Challenge:

May means "wedding month" to me. And no, this challenge is not going to be about weddings (unless you want it to be...). This months challenge is simply:

May 6th: Something Old
May 13th: Something New
May 20th: Something Borrowed
May 27th: Something Blue


I actually had something else in mind until this morning when I pulled out some stationary to write a note to a friend. I happened to pull out some that my mom gave to me probably 15 years ago. I admit that I have a habit of hording stationary and cards. I love to buy it, and receive it as gifts, but sometimes I put off using it because I realize once I use it, it will be gone. Obviously. This particular stationary came with 15 cards, and I have 4 left. After I wrote the note, I went to put it in an envelope and discovered that they were so old, the seals were already stuck to the envelopes. I truly have become better over the years, but admit that I have a long way to go. My friend Rachael and I bought the same box of multi-occasion cards at Costco a year ago, and while she has used almost all of hers, I still have at least 80 percent. They do all eventually get used, it may just take me 15 or 20 years!!

15 comments:

Rachael said...

And speaking of stationary and cards, when are we going to get together and make cards. We bought all that stuff, what, a year ago??? We need to get on that!

Melissa B said...

I am the same way with stationary! I still have stuff from when I was a tween. I liked your explanation as to why you don't use it, it's like you read my mind!

Alisa said...

That is funny that the envelopes had self sealed-

Courtney said...

I am so the same way...I have dozens of cards that are just sitting in my cupboard waiting to be used!

Bren's Life said...

I do the same thing. I buy cards then don't use them because it's too cute & who ever I may send it to may just throw it away & not care...
Cute SPT

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, i have stationary from junior high school!! i LOVE it. (but hate when the envelopes are wasted...)

Warren said...

I think every girl loves stationary... I don't know any girls who don't love getting or sending mail on stationary, even if its only on really rare occasions!

Melody said...

How fun! I love finding out all these cute things about you!

Dacia said...

That's hilarious. I still have some really old stationary too. I also have some old greeting cards--like 15 years old. Don't know why I still have them!

Chris said...

I have old stationary too. I find I don't write as much as i used to. I save cards I have received for forever too.

Jeanette said...

At least you do use them. I'm terrible at writing cards, but I love the idea of it so I hope to do better in the future.

Tilane said...

15 years old! I have to admit, that is some of the oldest unused stationary I've heard of. That's funny that the envelopes aren't working so well for you anymore.

Holly said...

I'm like you, I like to keep a stash of notecards, papers, etc. Good for you for getting it out and putting it to good use!

rachel said...

Your stationary is very cute! Thank you for the card, I loved it! Thank you again for watching Connor yesterday!! It was such a huge help!

Jossie said...

Funny! I'm totally opposite. I LOVE using the stationery!! I get a total sense of accomplishment with I complete something (like finishing that assorted box of cards from Costco) and can throw something, even if it's an empty box, away. Loved this post :-)