Friday, May 30, 2008

Flashback Friday

Recently I was going through some old postcards and letters I have received and came across two that reminded me of who I was was as a pre-teen.
Both postcards were sent by Marty. The first depicts a girl sitting in an extremely messy room. As a child I could not keep my room clean. I had no motivation, willingness or drive to live in a clean room. It was truly overwhelming for me. I didn't know where to start and it was so messy that I would get burned out way before I could finish.

If you read the back of the card you will see that it talks about when he saw this card he thought of me, and how my room was actually much worse. He was right. We won't go into the psychological reasons why my room was so messy, we will just be grateful that I grew out of it.
As a pre-teen I was also obsessed with professional wrestling. I watched it on T.V. and saw all of the greats wrestle in person (Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Macho Man Randy Savage, Brutus the Barber Beefcake). I loved it. Marty also sent me this postcard about the same time as the last one.
We can also be grateful I grew out of this stage.

6 comments:

Cardalls said...

I too was a messy room girl. and i love that you were totally into wrestling, something I would not have imagined for you!

Melissa B said...

I have learned things I would have never guessed about you! Wrestling...really? Wow, is all I can say. You are too funny!

Rachael said...

My mom did not allow a messy room. My room was pretty much clean all the time. My closet (it was a walk in)...not so much! I wasn't a fan of hanging up my clothes. Some things never change.
Hulk Hogan...nasty then, nasty now!

Jossie said...

I am totally with you on the messy room as a kid! I used to tell my mom that I didn't know how to clean right and that's why it wasn't clean. My house growing up was super cluttered and not spotless....so I was a manipulator :-) Oh, and wrestling?!! Hum.....

rachel said...

I too always had a messy room and strangely enough, I loved pro wrestling also. I think it was because my brothers were so much into it. I recognized all those names and am a little jealous you saw them in person:)

Autumn said...

Once again another thing we have in common. WWF Wrestling, I do not know if I liked it because all the boys liked it but it was fun. A couple years back Derek and Chris were into it again and got me sucked back in for awhile but not anymore!! It still is funny to watch. You must have been way more into it to have met them all!! You go girl!!