Monday, July 15, 2013

White & Nerdy

Being 35 I grew up in an era of timeless music. Rap, boy bands, and hair metal were all under my tutelage. But none can quite compare to the iconic singer, songwriter and satirist known as WEIRD AL YANKOVIC!
Kade (as in Baird) is also a big fan, so we went together. Eric and Amy tagged along too, albeit somewhat unwillingly.

Before going in we took some same sex pics that had me doubled over in laughter:



Laughing just a little too hard:



Awaiting the performance!





Finally Weird Al took the stage!

Kade and I proved our awesomeness:



While Eric and Amy (being of a different musical generation) proved their stuffiness:



But with at least 10 costume changes (including a fat suit!), segways, accordion playing and dancing storm troopers, Al won them over quickly.



And lest you think my post title is racist, or prejudicial against nerdy people, please be informed that it is the title of a popular Weird Al song. Although it begs to be told that I did choose that particular title because the only people that attended the sold out show were white and nerdy. Seriously.

We fit right in.

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Please tell us next time you are planning on going to Weird Al, I have promised Jason I will go with him. He and his brothers are huge Weird Al fans. He can join you and Kade rocking out while I sit with Amy and Eric. Too funny!!

Lisa said...

HOOOOOWWWWW did I not know you had a blog? And have had one for many, many moons?! I blame you. And now I'm going to follow you so you can't hide from me anymore.

Rachael said...

Oh dear!!! Poor Amy and Eric! They are good sports!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

Jason just explained the same sex photos to me, I'm a little slow :) Hilarious!!!!!