Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4th of July - 2013

Eric started off our 4th of July festivities with an extra festive pancake breakfast:

Later in the day we went over to the Baird's house for swimming, food and fireworks.

First swimming!



Followed by food:



Then more swimming!


I have never played water volleyball and only now realize how much I have been missing out. Who knew it was so much fun?

Finally it was dark enough for the main event: FIREWORKS!



The stash that we lit off:



Both Megan and Jackson were official firework lighters this year:



I was in charge of making sure Tucker didn't freak out. Happily he did just fine!



Sade lasted for a bit then headed into the house to watch T.V. and hang out with Dexter (who also didn't enjoy the fireworks all that much).



But the rest of us did:



It was an enjoyable 4th.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

What a fun 4th! I kept trying to get pictures of the huge display over our neighborhood but then stopped when I thought about how much of a nark I looked like. That is quite a fireworks haul! Eric's pancakes are just the best. I'm going to secretly enter him on the next food network star show and he will be the pancake guy. Such a fun Dad! I love the picture of Jackson jumping out of the water and water volleyball is so fun! Well I love any kind of volleyball honestly :)

Rachael said...

One of my favorite holidays!! I love the swimming and fireworks...oh and the FOOD!!!!