Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Swimming Lessons - Sadie

Last week Sade finished up a month of swimming lessons. This year we found out about Miss Sandy, and am so glad we did. She is fantastic!
Sadie was also fantastic! She finally decided that this year was the year she was going to become a good swimmer, and she did.

They started each day by warming up:



Miss Sandy helping Sade with her goggles:



One of the first things she learned to do was a sit dive. By her last week Miss Sandy remarked that Sade has the best sit dive she has ever seen (from a 5 year old). What can I say? She's amazing. :)



Sade learned 3 of the 4 major strokes. First freestyle.



Then backstroke:



And finally the breaststroke. Although this one needs a bit more practice. She didn't always remember to move her arms and legs at the same time.



Freestyle video:



Backstroke video:



Unfortunately Sandy only does swimming lessons in the month of June. I would have loved Sade to go all summer.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Does Miss Sandy have a waiting list for next summer? How do I get on it? Silver Mesa is cute but I would love the kids to actually know something! Great job Sadie! She really is amazing :)

Rachael said...

She is great! We talk about Mrs. Sandy every time we swim...reminding Oliver to do big scoops!