Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dry Land Summer Events

Every year we sign up for the summer reading program at the library, and then every year we lose motivation and don't complete it. Maybe this year will be different?
On this particular trip to the library Sadie AND Megan decided to get library cards. Jackson has had his for some time, but Megan had never wanted one in the past, and Sade had to be 5 to get one, so they both had been without.

I find this signature unbearably cute:



It's dreamy when they get along:



Last Monday we were scheduled to take another trip out to Wet-n-Wild, but when I received a text from Rachael informing me that it was super cold and windy, we changed our plans and went to the Springs Preserve instead to check out their new exhibit, Rainforest Adventure.



Jackson and McKinna checking each other out:



We all had to try out this contraption. It was somewhat difficult:






It wasn't horribly hot so we spent time playing outside, and visiting the gardens:



We even found a part of the Preserve we had never been to before! It was all about energy savings and recycling:



Pretty exciting stuff.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

The picture of Jackson in that tub is so funny :) Tyson has been begging to go so I see a trip there in our future.

Rachael said...

Eli begs me all the time to go to the library...I hate the stress of having library books at our house and something happening to them or losing them!!!