Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Talent Show

Last week Megan participated in her schools talent show! It was a process that involved try-outs, and multiple after school practices. They ended up having 50 (that's right I said 50) different acts, which resulted in a 2 hour and 15 minute show. Luckily most of the acts were highly entertaining, so the time flew by.

My little creative spirit Megan, made up her own lyrics to the song Dynamite.


I do not know how to transfer the video performance to blogger, so I will have to make due with pictures.


The first verse of the lyrics she composed are:
I Throw My Sandwich In The Air Sometimes
Saying Ay-Oh Wheres My Mayo?
I Need The Mayo To Eat My Sandwich
Saying Ay-Oh Got No Mayo


She did a great job, and exited to a rip-roaring round of applause.

The teachers also did a fabulous job.


Lady Ga-Ga was one of the hosts.


And the D.J. was pretty stellar.


Not to mention all of the parent volunteers, including ME. See all of those stars decorating the backdrop. I cut everyone one of those out. I will take my accolades now. Thank you.

Megan's entire class also did a performance. It was to the song Walking On Sunshine, along with a song from Glee that I am unable to remember the name of.


It was impressive.

The talent show was dedicated to their Principal who is retiring this year. So for the final act, the teachers did a performance based on the popular you-tube video of the wedding party dancing down the aisle. If you have never seen it, you can watch it here.


It was all-around wonderful, and I had a hard time staying in my seat! I wanted to dance down the aisle too, but somehow restrained myself.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I need to come watch the video!!!! I bet it was hilarious!
You cut them all out by hand??? I have a cricut if you ever need to do something that tedious again!!!!
I love school performances when they are well done. We need to make sure they are great at Somerset. Cumorah's always brought tears to my eyes at how wonderful they were!

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck, what a fun school preformance. I sure don't remember anything so contemporary when I was growing up. That Megan is a true original, she must keep you on your toes constantly :)

Autumn said...

So proud of Megan. I tried to get CJ and his buddies to do the dewi decimal rap for their talent show but he is not as cool as Megan and did not do it. Way to go Sarah cutting and laminating take much time.