My Sunday morning started off very early by my standards. 6 am! I really dislike getting up early, but both Eric and I had to be at a meeting at 7:30, so I had little choice in the matter.
I always sit on the floor and read while blow-drying my hair in the mornings. FYI: I also read while brushing my teeth.
All ready to go.
After church Eric had another meeting! And since his truck was in the shop again!, we were down to one car and had to wait for him.
Sade's giving me a kiss.
Eric made lunch and then had to run out for a job. Incidentally he made 4 different kinds of sandwiches. Eric and I had tuna, Megan had ham & cheese, Sadie had bologna & cheese, and Jackson had peanut butter jelly. He's a good man.
While he was gone I put the kids and I to work. Megan and Jackson both thoroughly enjoy cleaning the bathroom. If only they thoroughly enjoyed cleaning their rooms!
After cleaning a bit, we headed out to the backyard to get some sun.
And play in the water.
Eli and Rachael came later that afternoon bearing gifts of hand-me-down clothes, cleaning supplies and hangers. Woot-Woot!
Luckily Eric made it home in time for dinner. Every. Single. Night. Jackson acts like we are poisoning him. Megan has finally learned to eat without complaint, and Sadie eats more that the other two combined.
After dinner we went for a bike ride. We have been going for a lot of bike rides lately, often on the trail by the wash. The other day there was a homeless, extremely drunk man, sprawled across the trail. I was worried he was post-mortem, but Eric checked him out and he was just sleeping. On our way back he was sitting up laughing hysterically to himself, and had thrown-up everywhere. It was quite the experience. What I found to be the strangest aspect of the story is that I found out my children call homeless people hobo's. Who knew?
While biking we often find Sadie like this. She doesn't really like to sit, so she stands and rides.
2 comments:
great post! you sure know how to pack a lot in in one day. Oh and maybe your kids have seen Kit Kitridge and that is where Hobo came from?
What a good man that Eric is! 4 kinds of sandwiches has to be a record. Jackson's pained expression at dinner is priceless, I just love it!! If I blogged a Sunday it would be jam packed with nothing. Your house is where the party is at :) The "hobo" story is another "Only in Vegas" moment. Gotta love it :)
Post a Comment