Friday, June 10, 2011

It's The End Of The School Year As We Know It.....

And I Feel Fine. Extra points if you can guess the song that inspired my post title.

Well it is finally the end of the school year! And the thing I am looking forward to most is banishing all polo shirts from my house for the next few months. I am sick to death of seeing them 5 days a week. I have spent A LOT of time at the school this past week. And therefore have lots to document.

I attended two awards assemblies. Jackson received an award for Principals Honor Roll:


Megan received an award for Honor Roll, and Great Attendance:


There was once again a problem with her report card! Oy Vey! I don't know if I have any fight left in me.

Megan also graduated from 5th grade! She is officially a middle schooler now.



After the graduation ceremony we headed over to her classroom for refreshments. The scene was quite sad. Girls were crying. Boys were crying. Her teacher was crying, which made me cry. These kids have loved being together this year, and they truly loved their teacher. There was quite a bit of sadness that they would not all be going to the same school next year. Heartbreaking.


Ms. Tucay. Megan's awesome teacher.

Some of Meg's friends:



And this has virtually nothing to do with the end of school, other than it happened yesterday, BUT, I am once again a winner. This time I won tickets to:


Rihanna

In case you don't follow her music, a few lyrics from her latest signal are:

Sticks And Stones My Break My Bones
But Chains And Whips Excite Me

Oh my.....I am a bit worried that given my advanced age, I may not fit in. But I'm always up for a new experience. And did I mention I am now in the running for a trip to New York City! I will freely admit that that was my main motivation for calling the radio station. Woo-Hoo!

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

What sad pictures of Megan and all of her friends with red eyes :( It's the end of an era! Congratulations on another win! I can't wait to see you with the Rhiana crowd. Jason and I want to go to the Blink 182 concert but I'm worried about looking like an old fogey :)

Autumn said...

They are growing up. Poor Megs!! R.E.M , don't you love the down time of summer. I look forward to it every year especially as the kids get older. Can't wait to see your cute family in Cali.

chercard said...

Go Rhianna! I think you can pull it off! Where is Megan going to middle school?

Rachael said...

How sad that they were all crying! I think the fact that Alexis had a swim party right after school took their minds off of saying good bye...that and the promises that they would see each other all summer....yea...not gonna happen!!!
If you take me to NYC with you and I can show you around...ok..ok...I've only been their twice but I know a few things!