Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer - Week 1

Our first week at home has been somewhat of an adjustment. For Sadie that is. She is used to being Queen Bee around the house, and does not appreciate anyone else but her making decisions. Needless to say there has been an lot of high pitched 3 year old girl screaming. But we managed to sneak in a little fun.

We have kept up bike riding. One night when Eric was working late, the kids and I rode down to the Sev for Slurpee's.

On the way home we stopped at one of the picnic tables on the wash trail to drink/eat them. Then came the real excitement. While biking home (it was almost dark at this point), Sadie's bike carrier had a malfunction. It fell off my bike 8 times! Eric thinks it was user error, since it only happens while I am towing it, but I am sure it is NOT. We did FINALLY make it home, relatively unscathed.

We took an adventure downtown to watch the Volcano erupt at the Mirage.


A bit lackluster if I'm being honest.

We also went to the Venetian to watch the Gondolas.


And made wishes in this enormous fountain.


Sadie will say, "Dad make me your purse." And this is what happens:


We also did a bit of swimming:


Not pictured things to note:

I spent one awesome afternoon and evening at Girls Camp with my favorite teenagers.

Megan had her first PAID babysitting job at Eric's soccer game watching the children of some parents that play. And Erics team won!

Plus: MY LIFE HAS CHANGED FOR THE BETTER! Now that Megan is old enough to babysit it has meant freedom for me. Just this last week I went to the grocery store, the bank, and the post office ALL BY MYSELF. Like I said, life changing.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Isn't it nice to have a babysitter at home. Love it.

chercard said...

Having a girl first is pure luck I say in the babysitting realm! My oldest is a good kid, responsible etc....but the nurturing just isn't the same as with a girl! However I have started to leave him for an hour or so at a time and it is heaven!

Rachael said...

I love the 'purse.' But what I like more is that you call it the Sev! Hilarious!!! I guess when you are a regular you can name it that!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

All I wanted in this world was an oldest girl, but no such luck. I do however love the purse, adorable :)