We spent most of our time that we were not involved with wedding festivities at the beach!
The mornings were overcast, but each afternoon the sun came out. There was also just enough wind for kite flying, but not so much that it caused any sand flying. Thank goodness!
The water was so cold, Sadie and I didn't do much more than walk in it. But Eric, Megan and Jackson all went boogie boarding. Megan and her cousin Sienna were pros:
Megan told Eric, "It's so cold, but it's so fun I just can't stop."
That night I noticed that little Sade received her first ever sunburn.:( Luckily it didn't seem to bother her much the rest of our trip.
Friday night, while Eric, his Dad, and brothers had a bonfire on the beach, us women folk took the kids for ice cream, and a walk to the pier. We were so fortunate that our hotel was just steps away from the beach, the Pier, and downtown Pismo.
We had 11 kids with us, and received numerous stares.
Acting crazy at the Pier:
Saturday morning the boys were once again busy, golfing this time, so we took the kids to climb some rocks.
We also went out for cinnamon rolls. However Jackson chose to get a Rice Krispy Treat as big as his head. I think he had 3 bites.
Before leaving on Sunday, Eric and I took the kids to the Pier again, this time during the daylight hours.
Next Post: Wedding Festivities! Also known as the most important and exciting reason we were in California.
1 comment:
looks so fun...I <3 the beach!
Post a Comment