Sadie LOVES this dog, Tawny. She would rather sit next to her than get in the pool.
We also went hiking up at Mt. Charleston. Our first hike was to Robber's Roost. A pretty easy hike, and good for those with small children.
Oh....Sadie. She is not a good hiker. Before we left I tried to guilt her into actually hiking and not being carried the entire time by showing her a picture off my friend Cheryl's blog of her little girl hiking unassisted. It didn't work. Sadie insisted on being carried.
Luckily not by me!
At one point she decided to walk, but I assure you it did not last long.
I love the above picture because it looks like Megan is about ready to punch me.
We also hiked another trail (whose name escapes me) that is 13 miles long. Our children officially wimped out on us at this point, and complained A LOT. Needless to say we didn't make it far.
We did end up stopping in a dry river bed to play some games that Eric made up. Including one that involved these sticks.
Had some friends over.
And signed up for the Summer Reading Program at the Library. We also finally managed to find and check out a copy of, "James & The Giant Peach", which is the book my children are supposed to all be reading for our book club meeting in a couple of weeks. Other Things To Note:
I got my eyebrows waxed and had to deal with the 5 day long red skin irritation I am afflicted with after waxing. Incidentally, the lady that does my waxing obsessively asks me, "Whose been doing your waxing?" When I patiently explain that I have not gone to anyone else, and that I only come to her, SHE DOES NOT BELIEVE ME! She just keeps asking and asking. It is weird.
I continued the joyous experience of running errands alone. And even managed to go out to dinner with Eric one night.
Our week was cut a bit short, because we left last Thursday for a long weekend in California. The post for that is forthcoming, as soon as I can find the energy to go through the 250 + photos I took!
4 comments:
I too deal with the week long redness after waxing...there is some stuff they have for the bikini area irritation that helped mine go down after a couple of days.
Sorry that Emma couldnt be more of an inspiration to Sadie :)
and i mean my irritation is at the eyebrow area...NOT bikini. Just had to clarify :)
I love that you tried to guilt Sadie, next I would show her pictures of people with broken backs due to carrying children on their backs while hiking. I am loving your hair, it looks awesome! I am really interested to know what games you play with random sticks in a dry river bed :)
I am so happy that Sadie loves Tawny and played with her while we were gone! It makes me feel better about leaving her!
13 mile hike???!!! Are you kidding me!!??!?!? No way would my kids make it past 2 miles...if that!
I wonder if threading would be easier on your face...I got a 6 pack for like $40...there is a location on Decatur and Jones...maybe you should go with me when I am due...its a funky feeling...a bit painful though..
Post a Comment