Saturday, October 17, 2009

Victory Is Mine

Eric started off his birthday festivities by opening his presents. He had a lot of help.

In the picture above, Sadie is examining one of Eric's gifts. This gift caused me a bit of stress, but ended up culminating in a exciting victory. It is the P90X (or PX90-I can never remember). Anyway I decided to purchase it off Ebay. I had been tracking them, and finally found the one I wanted. Now about 30 other people also wanted it, so I had to be on my best bidding game. It starts to get really stressful with just a minute left. At about 20 seconds I made my bid. I held the bid for about 5 seconds, but then it went up. I made another bid at 12 seconds, and was out-bid! So with 6 seconds left I made my final bid, and amazingly it was mine. The feeling of victory was sweet, but I couldn't help but to feel slightly bad for the poor individual that I beat out in the final seconds. But the feeling has passed, and now I am glad it is mine (or Eric's I should say).

Eric ended up choosing Tony Roma's for dinner. The food was quite enjoyable, but the service was sooooo slow. Never a good thing with tired children.

"Have you ever been in an Ebay bidding war?
Were you victorious?"

1 comment:

Rachael said...

When I won my stroller 4 years back I was on cloud 9. It is the most exciting thing!!!
I can't wait to hear how he likes it!