Thursday, October 22, 2009

Killer Geese

Yesterday I took the kids to Floyd Lamb State Park. I haven't been in years and had forgotten how nice it is. Especially when you go on a beautiful fall day.

We started off by feeding the ducks and geese.


They look cute and nice don't they? Well they are not! They are scary and I feared for our lives.

These ones actually snatched the bread out of Jackson's hand. Strangely, Sadie seemed to have no fear of the killer geese, which was extremely surprising given her irrational chicken fear from last weekend.

We started off feeding them pieces of our bread, but quickly abandoned that idea, and dropped it to the ground, hoping to keep them busy why we fled the vicinity.

Unfortunately it didn't work, and they kept following us! Luckily those people you can kind of see in the picture above, stepped in, and forced the geese to leave us alone. They must have been geese whisperers.

After we escaped the geese, we walked around the rest of the park.

Sadie thought this was some sort of trampoline. She would jump on it, and then fall to the ground. Amazingly she was never injured.

We explored the lakes, bridges, and just basically ran wild.

5 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

What a fun day! I must say I think you are the funnest Mom I know and if I were you I'd remind my children of it daily, but I'm sure they already know!

Melissa Summers said...

Again with the birds. Brandon and I were chased by the killer geese at the dinosaur park. I hate birds!! On a lighter note. You always do such fun things with your kids. Ditto on Kellie's comment.

Melissa B said...

Where is this park? It looks like fun, minus the crazy geese.

Cardalls said...

I have a fear of geese due to beingi chased multiple times. i could use a geese whisperer

Rachael said...

I have never been to that park either! Looks cool-minus the geese! Man-what's their problem-they don't get enough hand outs!?