Tuesday, October 6, 2009

All Banged Up

Well I tried.
Hard.
I really did.
But yesterday I reached my limit.
I was at the end of my rope.
I couldn't take it a day longer.
It wasn't easy.
I went through an internal struggle.
I thought about the disappointment of some.
I thought about the time involved.
I thought about who I really was.
Who I was meant to be.
But I did it.
I had to.
It was eating at me.
Day after day after day.
The unhappiness.
The flatness.
The static.
The bobby pins!

So, I finally cut my bangs!
And I have to say I fell so much more like myself.
I am just a bang kind of girl.
Whenever I grow them out, I feel out of sorts.
I don't like having my forehead on prominent display.
It is rather large for the size of my face.
Especially now that I am getting older, and lines may start to appear.
I know there will be a backlash, but I don't care.
It's about what I like.
Right?
I am saying right, because I am hoping for no mean comments!

6 comments:

bloodfamily said...

That's awesome. I am a bang kinda girl as well. I'm sure that you will be happy now.

Cardalls said...

I love my bangs! You look great no matter what!

Rachael said...

Who would give you grief? Good for you! I can't wait to see them!

Melissa B said...

I completely understand. You look good with bangs, although, you may consider styling them a little different than how they are in the picture... :)

Jossie said...

Your posts always make me giggle :-) I say if you are a bang kind of girl then go for it! As for me, I don't know why I keep cutting bangs, I hate them every time! But they look great on you! I just like to be able to pull mine completely out of my face when my hair is in a ponytail :-)

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

After months of begging I recently got bangs too! She made me feel as if I would not be happy with bangs but I have not had a moments regret since I did it and I don't care what anyone else thinks.. We should start a club!