Monday, October 5, 2009

A Fair Birthday

I started my birthday off in a great way by going to breakfast with my friends. I think breakfast was a good choice, mostly because it dramatically cut down on the number of kids that came with us.

Thanks for coming, Rachel, Amy, Rachael, Melissa, and Nancy!

I spent most of my day doing my regular mom duties, but also spent lots of time on the phone, and appreciate everyone who called to wish me a Happy Birthday! When Eric got home we headed out to dinner at Carrabbas, which I have always wanted to try.

It was fine, but Eric and I agree that it is probably not somewhere we will eat again. However, we did have one nice surprise while there. We ordered dessert (since I requested no cake, just dessert wherever we were eating) and they ended up giving it to us for free. Not because it was my birthday, but because it was our first time eating there. I love when places do that. But really I love anything free!

On the way home from dinner we decided to stop at a little Fair (or Carnival) set up in a parking lot. You would have thought from the kids reaction that we were stopping at Disneyland. It was nice that they could be so easily surprised and pleased.

Sadie was so excited when we pulled up that she was practically jumping trying to get out of her carseat. But when we got closer and closer to this giant Ferris Wheel, she burst into tears and clung to Eric. It took her a good amount of time to finally calm down.

This type of carnival is perfect for my kids who are not dare-devils and do not like to tackle the big rides. It had lots of things for smaller kids to do.

Megan and Eric on the medium sized roller-coaster. It was shaped like a caterpillar, so I am sure you can imagine how frightening it was!

Sade spent much of her time waving from the sidelines. However we were able to finally convince her to try the merry-go-round.

She clung to Eric at first, but by the end she was waving her little heart out.

We got home soooooooo late that I had to wait until the morning to open my presents!

But that just means I had an extra day to celebrate. Right?

3 comments:

Rachael said...

How fun! Did you go to the carnival on Jones and 95? We saw them setting it up when I was carpooling last week!
I love how impulsive you guys are to just stop and do things! I had Carraba's at a 10K I ran in...they provided the food after the race and it was SOOOO good. Then Steve and I went and I couldn't find the dish I liked and it was just OK. Yeah for free desserts!

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

Looks like a fun birthday! I enjoyed breakfast, it was a great idea. I also love that you always have a camera on hand, you never miss a thing.

Cardalls said...

Happy Birthday! Carraba's isn't my favorite either!