We had a very busy day of Halloween celebrating on Thursday. I started off the day visiting Jackson at school, and watching the Kindergarten Halloween Parade.





After the parade, we headed back to the classroom to PARTY! A Kindergarten party consists mostly of gorging on cookies, brownies, cupcakes, candy and chips that all of the parents bring. Needless to say there was no need for me to make lunch this day.

Sade made herself right at home, and I believe envisioned herself as part of the class.


After the party we were treated to a truly rousing rendition of a pumpkin song that was quite entertaining, and adorable.
That afternoon it was time to get ready for the Halloween carnival at school.
Introducing:
Megan The Mummy




Jackson As Luigi



And Sadie As A Ladybug




Jackson refused to sit still in any picture. Insisting on doing Luigi poses from
MarioKart. I am now rather glad he insisted on it.
After playing a few games at the Carnival, it was time for the costume contest. Megan's age group was up first (3rd - 5
th grade). I thought Megan had a good chance at placing, so I stayed towards the front of the group with my camera ready.



Sure enough she got 2
nd place! Just beat out by Frankenstein who was standing next to her.
Next, it was Jackson's turn. I actually leaned down to him right before his age group (Kindergarten - 2
nd grade) took the stage and asked him if he wouldn't rather just go and play more games instead of participating in the contest. I felt like he didn't have a chance, and thought our time would better be served by exploring the rest of the carnival.
After all he was wearing a store bought Luigi suit, and didn't even have his moustache on because it was bothering him. But he wanted to participate, so he went up on stage, and I went to the back of the room, letting the other parents take pictures of their kids up there.

Well, you can just imagine my extreme surprise and genuine excitement when he won 1st place! When I heard them say Luigi I started looking around for some other kid in a homemade Luigi costume. But no, it was Jackson that they wanted. And the best part is his little Kindergarten friend that was Mario won 2
nd place. The judges must have been huge fans of
MarioKart, just like Jackson is. Or they thought Jackson was too cute to resist. I would have to agree.

He won this cool football, and they both received certificates.
After the costume contest excitement we played a lot more games.


3 comments:
How fun! I love their costumes! The mummy is awesome! In the last picture Sadie looks like she is trying to BE a ladybug!
Too cute! I think Jackson deserved to be 1st place he was adorable as Luigi! The mummy and ladybug were equally awesome :)
All your kids look great in their costumes but Jacksons enthusiasm is hysterical!!! Loved it!
Post a Comment