Thursday, July 3, 2014

Gavin Degraw

A long time ago. Like months ago. Amy asked if Eric and I wanted to go with her and Kade to see Gavin Degraw at the Mandalay Bay beach. I of course said yes, since I am always up for a concert, but had NO IDEA who he was. Absolutely NO IDEA. And that didn't really change before the concert. In fact, during the concert I didn't recognize one single song.
 
Before the concert we went to a place called Swish, which was basically Asian fondue, without the cheese and chocolate.

 
Concert time! It didn't start until 8:30 p.m. (gasp)! We brought blankets, which I kind of felt embarrassed about when we were walking in (because no one else was carrying any), but soon my embarrassment turned to gratefulness when I realized how uncomfortable sitting on the sand with no blanket would have been. Sometimes it pays to be old. I'm sure those teenagers were jealous of my coziness.
 
 
We were kind of far away:
 
 
Towards the end of the show I couldn't take it any longer and had to go up to the stage area which sits right above the Mandalay Bay pool. The water was so warm, and I deeply regret not going up earlier.
 
These were taken after the concert:  
 

 

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I've heard of Gavin but can't recall a song that he sings. How was the food at the restaurant?

Kellie DeMille said...

A band I really like was going to preform at the Mandalay Bay pool but I didn't get tickets because I thought everyone had to be in swimsuits and in the pool. After this post I feel a little sheepish :) Gavin Degraw is the hat guy. He is always wearing some crazy hat. Fun concert!!