Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Swimming Lesson - 2014

Sade had a couple of weeks of swimming lessons in June. This year she focused on learning all four strokes (last year she didn't learn butterfly).
 
 
Warming up:
 
 
She spent a significant amount of time on backstroke and also on just using her legs to get her across the pool:
 
 
Freestyle (she is still trying to correctly master side breathing):
 
 
Breaststroke (at least I think this is what she is doing in these pictures):
 
 
It's her favorite stroke and the one I see her use most often when we are swimming.
 
And butterfly (which she surprisingly took to very well):
 
 
She also spent time learning to tread water, and then how to maneuver to your back to float if you ever find yourself in trouble in the water.
 
Miss Sandy would throw her in:
 
 
And then Sade would move onto her back:
 
 
One more pic just because:
 
 
Sade's confidence in the water has really increased this year. If we are near a pool she is the first one jumping in and swims all over. Hallelujah!


1 comment:

Kellie DeMille said...

Gotta love Miss Sandy! Even though we only saw her 3 short times this summer she had a huge impact on the kids. I think she should be called the "swimming whisperer". I am so glad that Sadie loves the water now!! It makes life so great (especially here in Vegas!)