Thursday, May 30, 2013

Roos - N - More 2013

Last week Roos - N - More came to pre-school. First the kids visited with a ferret:


I am not particularly a ferret fan.

Then we saw an armadillo, which was neat to see all curled up:



Then it was turtle time. Not really a big thrill for the kids because Mrs. Aubrey already has her own Desert Tortoise, "Dino Mike", that roams the backyard:



Soon it was time for the snakes to make an appearance. This year they brought 2 baby pythons:



All of the kids had an opportunity to hold one if they wished to. When the zoo lady asked Sade if she wanted to hold it, she asked the zoo lady if she could put it around her neck instead.

She's a brave one:






Then it was kangaroo time:



And finally lemur time. She had all of the kids bend over, so the lemur could run across their backs. It was big hit:



It was an enjoyable morning, but couldn't really compare to the visit we had from Roos - N - More last year. To revisit it, click here.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Roo's n More is soooo cool!!! Brave brave girl!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

I can't believe Sadie wanted to hold the snake! I think I like animals until they get near me and then I realize I'm not that big of a fan :) I think the coolest was the kangaroo and the armadillo. Are ferrets or turtles really "wild" animals? I can go see them at Petsmart.

The Hardy's said...

I totally missed the ferret!! I am so impressed Sadie held the snake around her neck.