Friday, May 31, 2013

Spring Guitar Concert

Megan performed in her Spring Guitar Concert last week. They played, "Oh, Suzanna, When The Saints Go marching In, Annie's Song, Over The Rainbow, La Bamba, and Take Me Home Country Road."
(Excuse all of the bad/grainy pictures: I forgot the SD card for my nice camera so I had to use my phone. It was a disappointment.)



The difference between the Winter Concert and the Spring Concert was staggering! Megan is not overly fond of guitar class (particularly her teacher) but he has whipped those kids right into shape. I couldn't believe how much better they were!




Accepting the applause, and a lot of woo-hooing from me:




Megan is determined not to take guitar next year, but I am hoping beyond hope that she changes her mind.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

"It my band concert tonight...? I'll just throw on this tank top here! I'll fit right in!" Seriously??????
So cool that she knows how to play...hopefully she will continue!

Kellie DeMille said...

I love that they played La Bamba! We played it every year at our end of year concert and Moni Moni. We all had to have huge sunglasses on and of course the saxophones would be coordinated in our playing/dancing. We were the coolest! Band nerds unite!!
Maybe you would like Megan to stop before it's too late :)
Oh the memories...

The Hardy's said...

She is so talented! I hope she keeps it up.

chercard said...

Maybe she needs to teach me how.