Sunday, May 19, 2013

General Miscellany

Basically a hodgepodge of Instagram pics, and pics that should have been Instagram pics:
1. Just because:



2. I have titled (entitled) this picture, "The look of adoration":



3. I snapped this photo of Sadie watching T.V. I am kind of in love with her pointed toes. Not so in love with how close she is.



4. Sade and Tucker gazing out the door. I said on Instagram, " I am guessing they are both hoping their daddy will make an appearance."



5. Sade in her creative pursuits:



Quite possibly the easiest craft project and one we do frequently. The only needed items are coffee filters, washable markers, and a spray bottle.

6. Sade stuck on a fence at the park. She had no problem getting up there, but could not find a way to get down. I of course did not come to her rescue until after I snapped this pic:



7. I quite believed that we were past of the age of destructive behavior, at least in the form of coloring on the walls and such nonsense, but it seems I was wrong. The toilet seat proved too enticing of a place for a sticker Sade received at a birthday party. It's good the kids are still surprising me.



8. A Monday morning ensemble:



9. Jackson continues to be a good cuddler:



10. He is also a good Rummikub player, decisively winning last Saturday afternoon:



We then played Sorry which saw Sade as the victor. Which is a small miracle as she still almost always quits before finishing any game. Except Old Maid. It continues to be her and I's favorite.



11. I bought a new garbage can, and feel actual love for it.



It is a HOT item, almost impossible to get nowadays. Costco had them for $10 off last month, but were completely sold out and had given out 150 rainchecks. But happily Costco worker told me that they were getting a shipment of 30 the next day, so if I was there at 10 am when they opened I might be able to get one. I was there, and scored one! They were all gone in 15 minutes!!!

Kind of like TIVO, it has changed my life. I am in need of a number of new appliances (fridge, stove, washer & dryer) and can't imagine the love I will feel for them if I am feeling this way about a garbage can.

12. Jackson had a concrete vision for his teacher appreciation gift. He knew EXACTLY what he wanted to get his MOST FAVORITE TEACHER OF ALL TIME, MRS. CORONA. He planned, and executed the entire thing himself.



It is often hard for me to give up control, but as evidenced by the above picture, I am getting better at it.

13. Last Saturday Eric took the kids with him to help a family move into our Ward. Sade excelled, as evidenced by this picture.



The bag is almost bigger than Sade.

14. And finally......As all of us in Las Vegas know, the heat will all too soon be unbearable. But yesterday was the PERFECT temperature for outdoor dining. It was recharging to my spirit:



To battle the heat of the summer I have purchased my Wet-n-Wild season passes!! Have you gotten yours yet? If you use the code: WETNWILDFUN you will get $15 off per ticket. But hurry, I have heard that it is possible the code will only be good through tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

What a nice garbage can! I can't believe they gave out 150 rainchecks, crazy! I love Sadie's Monday morning outfit. Hayden has just found that same eye mask of Taylor's and wears it every day. I love it. Jackson is such a cutie, I bet his teacher loved his thoughtful gift, those are the best ones. Poor Sadie stuck on that fence, on one hand I feel sorry for her and then I see the sticker on the toilet (which is awful, stickers are the devil!) and I think I would have left her on that fence too! Thanks for the wet & wild code, we just bought ours and are going on May 25th, hope we see you there!

The Hardy's said...

I now have garbage can envy. Your kids are so cute and creative.