Our little Tucky-Wucky Baby is growing up!
The first day we had him:
Day 19:
I cognitively knew that having a puppy was like having a newborn, but just like when you bring a newborn home, your body rebels. I was exhausted the first week! I even had to nap during the day when he napped!
Anything in his field of vision he attempts to chew. Megan bent down to pet him and he immediately went for her necklace:
Pulling it away:
More chewing:
The sweet little baby:
He doesn't bark much. Except for at this soccer ball:
He also hates the vacuum, and barks like a complete nut at our next door neighbor Mr. Hawn. He can't stand him!
We are sadly still working on potty-training. It may send me into a severe depression! As evidenced by this picture, he is perfectly capable of going to the bathroom outside:
And does all the time! But randomly he still pees (and poops!) inside. Yes he is crate trained (and does not go in his crate). Yes he can hold it (he sleeps for 8 hours a night with no accidents or problems). Yes when he is in the house he is sitting right next to me, is being held, or is on a 4 foot leash, and still pees! And yes, he does get rewards (treats) when he goes outside. I'm out of ideas!
It is a good thing we already love him.
4 comments:
Oy vey! I guess the next step is the dog whisperer. I wonder why he would still be doing all this, ya gotta think his territory is crazy marked by now! What is up with Mr. Hawn? I'd keep an eye on him if I were you, dogs are very good judges of character.
I need to come see him!!!!I hate potty training of all kind!!!!!! I need to start doing Oliver and I don't want to!
It's like a child...their cute faces save them regularly.
I have vowed to not have a dog until all our kids are out of diapers. Four down one more to go. Potty training is a rough job. Tucker sure is cute though! :)
Post a Comment