Sunday, September 9, 2012

After The Kids Went To Bed

The Bear Lake posts continue........
 
It all started out innocently enough.
 
After putting the kids to bed we cajoled Autumn (my sister-in-law) into showing us her award winning Zumba routine.
 
 I for one was particularly interested since I know for a FACT I would be seriously terrible at Zumba.
 
 Choreographed dancing and I do not mix.
 
Then......we all started to get that feeling.
 
You know that feeling?
 
The feeling that you MUST get off your butt and dance like a crazy person and not care one teeny tiny bit what anyone else thinks about it.
 
So that's what we did.
 
The boys went first:
 
 
Krista led them in a hilarity inducing Zumba routine:
 
 
I thought we would never recover.
 
Us girls were next:
 
 
Then the real fun started. We lost ourselves.
 
 
If you can think of a song, with a corresponding dance, we did it.
 
Dirty Dancing? Final Routine? I've Had The Time Of My Life?
 
It was a dream come true:
 
 
Thank goodness we had one kid who was hanging out with us, so we could complete the infamous lift:
 
 
It got intense. Check out Dustin's entrance:
 
 
What an attention hog!
 
More dancing:
 
 
Nate tried to pretend that he could not remember how to do the Kris Kross Jump dance, but we all knew he wouldn't be able to resist once the music came on:
 
 
And finally....If you know me, you may know that I know every single lyric to Ice Ice Baby. I memorized all of the lyrics as a 12 year old, and 22 years later it finally paid off. My debut:
 
 
It was epic, and should have been on my bucket list. And....I'm not one bit embarrassed about it. Okay....Maybe half a bit embarrassed.

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Oh what a night! You were awesome! I still smile to myself when I remember you singing ice ice baby!!
That was the most fun I've had in a long time.

chercard said...

looks like so much fun! I haven't had fun like that in YEARS!

Autumn said...

And I can't believe the kids stayed asleep!!

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck, I had the kris kross album and played jump like a million times. I never wore my clothes backwards though, I wasn't daring enough. I wish you would put your Vanilla Ice performance on your bucket list for a much larger audience, then be sure to let me know when it is :)

Rachael said...

Wish sooooo much these could be videos instead of photos!!!! I would love to have seen that!!!!!!!!!! You guys are all so much fun!!!