The day after Jackson's baptism we went to Bear Lake to spend a few days with Eric's family.
We spent our first afternoon and evening hanging out at the cabin. Eating, playing games, and watching movies.
But on our second day we headed out for a full day at the lake. It wasn't very busy and we were able to get a great spot where the water stayed shallow FOREVER! Which in theory is great if you have small children, but in practice can become more complicated when they start wandering off far, far away.
We all spent a significant amount of time on the boat.
Sadie loved it!
Unitl it was my turn to go tubing. Apparently while I was out there she had a breakdown and could not be consoled. Poor Sadie baby. For the record, tubing is much more painful than I remember it being. One turn was more than enough for me.
Luckily Jackson and Logan were immune to the pain and went multiple times.
Meanwhile back on the beach Nate thought up something awesome! Attaching boogie boards to his Suburban and then pulling us through shallow water. Serious amounts of fun.
The kids lining up for their turns:
Sade would not take another boat ride, but she thought this was a fabulous idea:
Jackson and Megan both loved it too:
I really, really, really wanted to be able to do it standing up, but alas could not:
But neither could Eric, so I felt a bit better about it:
Of course we also spent lots of time playing in the sand. Sade and Dauge are best buddies, and were never found far from one another:
See Day 2 at the lake below............
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, what a fun trip! Did Sadie worry about you on the intertube or was she just not liking the boat anymore? You never know what is going on in their heads. One minute they love something the next they hate it. I can't get over the suburban skiing, you guys are nuts!
SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love spending a day at the lake with a boat and toys! I haven't had a day like that since childhood!
Great idea.,..the Suburban and the knee boards! SMART!!!!
I LOVE Bear Lake! Reminds me of my chiodhood. So much fun and SO beautiful!
What an awesome vacation! Makes me want to go to Bear Lake! Congratulations to Jackson on his baptism too. It is so fun to have so much family there. :)
Post a Comment