Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tucker

We have been committed to being pet free for four and a half years. And when I say we, I mean me and Eric. The kids, not so much. I have regularly heard from all of them, but especially Megan, how they are THE ONLY kids in their classes that don't have a dog. But still I could not be swayed.

But then something happened. While in Logan after a breakfast date with my friend Kate, I happened to notice three cocker spaniel puppies being sold on the side of the road. On a WHIM I decided to stop and look at them. The rest is history:



I had to bring him home.

As I mentioned, this was a WHIM, so I was able to surprise the kids. I got back to my moms, told the kids I had a surprise for them outside, and waited for their reaction. They were shocked:





And really happy.




Especially Megs:




Not only was my dog purchase a surprise for the kids, it was a surprise for Eric as well! He was out of town, without cell phone service, so my purchase could not be confirmed with him. When he arrived back in Logan, we told him I needed help moving something out of the truck, and then surprised him with the dog sitting in the front seat. His reaction:



It's a good thing he is easygoing!

 We had waited to give him a name until Eric arrived home. And by almost unanimous agreement (Jackson had his heart set on Rocky), we named him Tucker.

The next day it was time to pack up and head back home to Las Vegas. Jackson declared, "This was the best vacation ever! Lagoon and a puppy!"



I knew for my own sanity that if I was ever to purchase a dog I would need one that was fairly calm. So when I asked the guy selling them if they had one that was calmer than the rest he directed me right to Tucker. He said he was everyones favorite, liked to snuggle, was non-aggressive, and sweet.  And he is:



Now if he would just stop peeing in the house life would be perfect.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

THis last picture is my favorite! He is sooooooo adorable!!!!!! Those sad little eyes and long ears! OH!!! I love him!!!!!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh My Heck!! You had better lock him up RIGHT NOW! That is THE cutest puppy ever! I am coming over to steal him, I'll even take the peeing on everything. He'll fit right in with Mark :) That Eric is one easy going guy! I love all of your reaction shots, too funny!!

chercard said...

Oh my goodness he is SO cute!! You are such a good Mom, how fun to surprise them like that.

Autumn said...

Oh he is cute! It almost makes me want another dog. Tell me if he stays calm. They are always calm as new puppies.