Friday, September 14, 2012

12 X 12 - September 2012

Wednesday morning I awoke, made the kids breakfast, packed their lunches, and asked Jackson 15 times to get ready. He has a hard time staying on task! He is in charge of getting himself ready every morning, except I still help him comb his hair:


I bent down to take a picture of Tucker and he immediately lunged for me and attacked the strings on my shorts:



Anything in his field of vision is fair game for chewing.

Megan has a lot of stuff to carry to school each day. Her backpack, lunchbox, guitar, and guitar bag:



My kids are in a new carpool with three other families. When it is your turn to drive you go and pick up this 15 passenger van (which is known as the Warner bus to everyone at Somerset), and then drive it to pick up all of the kids. I have only driven once so far and it is stressful! I feel like I am driving a semi-truck.



After the kids left for school Eric made his morning shake. So far he has lost 24 pounds!!!



A little bit later on Sade and I did some nail painting. She chose purple, and I chose green:



Eric was home doing paperwork all day, so I left Sadie (and Tucker!) with him while I ran some errands. My first stop was Target. Just a heads up, they are currently doing their shoe clearance! I purchased quite a few... AND I saved 5% because I used my Target debit card. Do you have one of these? If not get one ASAP!

I then went to Gold's Gym to sign Sadie up for child care. I finally determined that if I was ever going to make it back to the gym (I have taken an extended month vacation from it), I needed to bite the bullet and pay the extra $15 a month. However, when I got there the power was out. So although I was able to get the paperwork, she is still not signed up!



Then I came home and cleaned the house. I spend quite a bit of time sweeping the floor everyday. The amount of dirt brought in from outside is staggering:



Right before Megan and Jackson arrived home Sade crashed. She has been sleepy lately:



 I had Eric sit down at the table and teach me the rules of soccer. Megan, Eric and I are coaching Jacksons soccer team and I wanted to make sure I understood everything before the first game. I am still a little iffy on the concept of offsides.



For dinner Eric and I had 5 guys. I love 5 guys!



We picked up Sonic for the kids, and then hurried home to take Jackson to Scouts:



An hour later it was Megan's turn to be driven to Young Women's.  I spent the evening driving back and forth to the church, making sure homework was completed, and that everyone was showered and ready for another day of school. Busy, busy.

3 comments:

chercard said...

Want to come sweep my floors next?? :) I still am amazed at Jackson's eyes, they are amazing!

Rachael said...

I love 5 guys too. By far the best burger!!!!
When I see all the dirt on our hard floors I cringe to think what is in the carpets that we can't see or get to! NASTY!
I can't wait to hear how driving that van goes....did you have to get a special drivers license for that thing. :)
$15 extra for the day care! YIKES! That is a lot!

Kellie DeMille said...

That bus is huge! I remember Ginger driving that thing to Bountiful Baskets like it was nothing. Does she have everyone sign an insurance waiver? That Eric is looking tiny, I hate that guys loose weight so easy. Not fair!! Poor Sadie, I think it's the weather changing. Just today at church Hayden was called "emotional" by her nursery leaders and Taylor has been a holy terror lately. Maybe I should have Eric teach me the rules of soccer too. I just yell at the kids to run and scream "no hands" the whole time. That's really all it is right?