Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Back To The Blog

I have been away from blogging for so long, and have missed it. I feel like our life has passed in a blur these last few weeks, especially since I have not been documenting any of it! Mainly I have not been documenting any of it because we purchased a new computer. And since our purchase, I have not been able to commit to a new photo editing software, so my pictures have remained hostage on my camera. Well today I committed, so hence I am once again blogging. So here is a bit of an update.

Today I started month 2 of P90X. Sadly, I notice no difference in my body, but happily there are a number of things that I can do now, that I couldn't even think about doing 4 weeks ago. The first week you are supposed to take a before picture. I couldn't face this my first week, but finally committed to the process and ended up taking one. Since Eric was out of town, I had Megan do the honors. Her reaction confirmed my initial feelings, that this type of picture taking was a bad idea. Now bear in mind, I was wearing biker shorts. Ok, now take that image out of your mind. Also remember that I gain all of my weight in my stomach, which these biker shorts cut into and accentuated said weight. Well, Megan took the first picture. She then put the camera down and asked me, "Are you sure you want to be doing this?" Already so concerned with my well-being. When I explained these were not for the blog, but rather pictures that would never have a chance in hell of resurfacing, she resumed her duties.

Speaking of Megan. She has discovered the joy of doing hair on a live model. It is a good thing Sadie is a willing subject.


Now on to Jackson:

These blocks make an appearance about every 4 to 5 months, get played with for about a week, and then disappear again. But they provide hours of fun for Jackson everytime he rediscovers them.



Lastly, I will end with a picture of chocolate cake I took this weekend. I probably should not have taken a picture of it, because now that I am looking it, it just makes me want more.


This is The Great Wall Of Chocolate from P.F. Changs. I love this chocolate cake. I love the raspberry sauce. I am pretty sure I could eat raspberry sauce on just about anything.

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I'm glad you're back, I've missed the updates on your family, but now I will be dreaming of that cake all night!!

Cardalls said...

you may have just started a pregnancy craving with the picture of the cake. love the hairstyle on sadie :) welcome back to blogging!

Rachael said...

I had Alexis take my before picture...there was no way I was having Steve do it! It ain't pretty!
Blocks are good for long periods of entertainment!
Cute hair Megan did to Sadie!

Rachael said...

And ohhhhh...that cake! I shield my eyes!