Friday, March 19, 2010

Kiddlie Update

Announcement: Feel free to skip this post. Some may find it annoying. I hope it does not come across as bragging. We all know there is always good with bad, today I am just focusing on the good.

If I had to choose a term to describe Megan it would be well-rounded. She's such a smarty, along with being fearless, responsible, funny, friendly and self-confident. PLEASE let her keep her self-confidence!!!! Once again this trimester she received all A's. And she has worked hard for them (so have I! I have spent hours helping her study for tests). 4th grade was not this hard when I was growing up.
Here she is with her fellow honorees. There were only 9 kids in all of 4th grade that received all A's.
This trimester her teacher said about her, "Megan is working above grade level in all subjects. She keeps up with assignments and tests even when she attends G.A.T.E. during a lesson. Megan gets along well socially and is a very well rounded, responsible, and kind person. Megan is an excellent student."

Her GATE teacher also said that, "She was really something else, and holds her own with all of the boys around her." Megan is the only 4th grade girl in G.A.T.E. which is strange and makes me think the test must be skewed towards boys. The 3rd grade also has no girls. But Megan tells me 5th grade has a few girls, so who knows?

She does have one flaw I would like to discuss. She LOVES these shoes.
I HATE them! They have completely fallen apart, yet everyday she wants to wear them. I usually acquiesce, especially if we are running late in the mornings. You may wonder why I have not yet thrown them away, and the answer is they give her happiness. I am quite fond of a particular holy shirt, and would feel sadness if someone threw it away.

Now onto my little Jacksey Conn (as I like to call him). I would describe him as all boy, with a heart of gold. He also did great this trimester.

Among other things, his teacher said about him, "Jackson is an extremely motivated student, and is always applying his highest effort into all classroom assignments. Jackson has excellent work habits concerning group activities. He is willing to undergo challenges and is eager to solve problems. He is an inspiration to other student's in the class."

I have one other thing to add about Jackson. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the song "Juke-Box Hero." We have heard it on the radio a few times this week, and Jackson quite enjoys singing along to it. However, he believes the actual lyrics are, "Juice-Box Hero". Be still my heart.
Now onto my little Sadie, Sadie pretty baby. Right now I would describe her as contradictory. Pure joy most of the time, but prone to bossiness, and some fits of rage. But as I have mentioned before, she has little discipline in her life because we all find her too adorable.

She has switched her slang word of choice, from cool to awesome. As heard in the car today, "That's awesome Megan."

She also now uses the word kiddin" on a regular basis. As in, "I'm wearing Jackson's p.j.'s. Kiddin'.
Here she is dressed up in Eric's church socks and shoes:

This week she has also graced up with her ghost imitation, complete with scary noises:

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

What a fun post. I think I need to take a break and focus just on the good for a while. Your kids are the cutest!!

Melissa Summers said...

You should feel proud about your cute kids!! Brag away sister, brag away!!

Cardalls said...

As my good friend says, if you don't brag about your kids who will? Kids should hear their parents bragging about them!