We will start with the good:
My week has also been filled, with tons of wet baby pictures. Here are a few.
Now for a bit of good news, mixed with bad. The good: My kids are very imaginative and independent players. The bad: They choose my bedroom to do most of the playing in! Now they each have a room of their own, but for some reason (I am guessing the size) my room is the play room of choice. This baffles me, because after they drag everything in there, they have to drag it all back. It seems like much less work if they would just play in their own rooms.



Their most recent mess.
See this cute almost 5 year old? He is quite the athlete and finished playing another season of pee-wee soccer. The good news is that now that he is almost 5 he can move up into the big leagues, and play some actual games.

He loves to play, and is very good, but the bad news is that he had to miss his last practice. And now for the really bad news. After we were all buckled into the car, I discovered it would not start. It turns out someone tried to steal it, and in the process cut a wire that caused the car not to start.
They broke in through the driver's side door which left this gouge, along with a dent.
They then used a screwdriver or something to break into the ignition. Apparently when doing so they broke the wire, which kept them from driving away. However there is some good news attached to this. First, the car wasn't stolen. Second, my Macgyver type husband actually fixed it so the car is now starting with no problems. These must have been some pretty inexperienced car thieves. As we were driving down our street the other day we noticed a couple of other SUV's that had the same tell-tale gouge and dent in their driver's side doors. I wonder if the thieves were finally able to steal a car, or if they just gave up!
"Have you ever had your car stolen?"
"Who was your favorite Facts Of Life character (mine was Blair, but I also really loved Mrs. Garrett)?
"Do your kids play in their rooms, or do they drag their toys throughout the house?
"Does our pumpkin plant look normal?
"Do your kids play in their rooms, or do they drag their toys throughout the house?
"Does our pumpkin plant look normal?
7 comments:
Oh Sarah, what a pain in the bum! I think incompetent theives are the worst. How many other cars were broken into?
I LOVE that squinty picture of Sadie. So cute! I don't really remember the characters in the Facts of Life so I can't answer that one. Tyler NEVER plays in his own room....it's a lot of times in the office, which is already the messiest room in the house. I don't have pumpkin plants and I've never had my car stolen but I think it's pretty funny that those theives tried several times for a car and it just didn't work out :-) Serves them right anyway!
I have never had my car stolen. When I lived outside of DC, I had "The Club" which was a huge pain but my car was never stolen or nearly-stolen. It seems like one of those things that you think will never happen to you. The picture of Sadie is so cute.
Jo was my favorite because she was so tough. My car has never been stolen... Knock on wood. Finally your poor little pumpkin is probably dying in the heat. We had a pumpkin growing last year and it got a pretty big plant before the little pumpkin ever showed up. Yeah Macgyver husbands!!!
I have to give Tootie some props because i love saying Tootie...what a seriously terrible name!
I loved Natalie most though.
Mine was probably Blair.
My kids play in the TV room-thankfully not in mine.
Yes I have had my car stolen but you know that story!
The picture of sadie is ADORABLE!!!! I love it. Lunch was fun with us girls.
I wanted to be Blair!! I thought she was pretty!! Tootie is who I'd want for a friend. Sorry about the car. That happened to us years ago. I can't believe Eric got it running!!Go Jackson!! We need a good Soccer player in the family. It is always good to have good friends you can count on!!
Post a Comment