Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer Days

I really am grateful that we have a huge pioneer days celebration in Nevada, since it was almost my very favorite holiday when we lived in Utah. Some pics, with a little commentary.

The temperature may have been cooler than normal, but the humidity had to have been a lot higher, because we were all sweating like crazy. Poor little Sadie's hair was plastered to her head the entire time.

Luckily Megan and Jackson had ample opportunity to get wet.

Both Megan and Jackson tried the dunk tank. Megan sunk Jackson in 3 throws, while Jackson sunk Megan in 2.

Megan and Jackson both went into this dark maze inside a semi-truck. Apparently they were in there for a really, really long time and some of the parents were starting to get worried. Finally a group of older kids came out and said they had been in there scaring all of the littler kids (oh great!). Then a kid came out with a bloody nose. And then a couple of kids came out crying. Eric was expecting the worse when Megan and Jackson came out, but they finally appeared completely unscathed, and unafraid. I would have been one of the kids who came out crying.

While Eric took all of the kids around, I spent most of my time working the Bake Sale. This picture was taken at end of the night, and I really felt like I had melted.

8 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

What great pictures! The kids look like they had a ton of fun!

Melissa Summers said...

I was not at all interested in the maze. Why did kids have to ruin things for other kids? I hate that. I am glad your kids survived the maze. I have your blanket by the way.

Rachael said...

Alexis came to me crying after the maze...for 2 reasons-it was scary and she lost her tickets in there. Whose dumb idea was the maze...lets stick a bunch of kids in a closed in Semi truck with no lights! Stupid!!!
It is so weird that I did not run into you guys the whole time-except the bake sale!

Kerri said...

Looks like you all had fun. Also, looked very hot. I was looking forward to the "cooler" weekend. Until I stepped outside and nearly died from the humidity!

Jossie said...

The humidity was killing me too :-) You should have seen Tyler. He was SO sweaty the whole night from running around like crazy. How did I get the sweaty kid? :-) It was so much fun though and kids love it! I'm with you, by the end of the night, I felt like I had melted too :-) Good seeing you by the way...it's been too long :-)

Cardalls said...

I was so sweaty! I didn't see you at all! My kids opted out of the maze...sounds like it was a good thing. I didn't take one photo all weekend!

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

Were we at the same Pioneer celebration because mine was cool and refreshing! NOT! Always fun to see you!

Kate said...

That maze thing would have freaked me out, having my children go in it that is.