Saturday, July 25, 2009

Girly Belt

This boy of mine is quite "all boy." He was born loving, loving, loving hotwheels cars, sports of all kind, guns, swords, and dirt. Since I have an older girl, he has also been around hoards of girl toys, but has generally abhorred them. However today, he has taken a special interest in something I think is decidedly girly. He discovered this lovely, pink, yellow, and purple belt that I was throwing away. I informed him it was a girls belt. Eric informed him it was a girls belt. Megan informed him it was a girls belt. But Jackson informed us it was not a girls belt, it is a rainbow belt, and therefore good for boys and girls.

By the way, see the yellow part? Jackson says it is not yellow, it is green. On an interesting note today at tennis lessons, Megan and Jackson's coach told Eric that if you ask boys what color a tennis ball is, the overwhelming majority will say green. But if you ask girls what color a tennis ball is, the majority will say yellow. Very, very interesting.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh I love it!!! When I first saw the picture I was thinking it was Megan! Too funny! Hands down it is a girls belt!

Cardalls said...

That is hilarious! Can't change their minds when they have it made up!

Melissa Summers said...

This determination of Jackson's will be a good thing when he is a teenager. That is if you have steered him the right direction. :)
Just exactly why does Jckson like rainbows??? HA HA!!!

Jossie said...

Awesome :-) Weird thing about the tennis balls....I've always thought they were green.

Kellie DeMille said...

Jackson is totally "in". Didn't you see all the teenagers at Pioneer Days? It's totally retro 80's style!

Autumn said...

Real men can wear pink!! Besides if a boy is wearing it ,it's a boys belt!! He has the confidence to pull it off!!

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

I am going to ask Liam what color he thinks his balls are???