Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jackson's 5th Birthday

This year Jackson requested a friend party. And since Megan had a friend party from the time she was 3, and Jackson had yet to have one, how could I say no. Given his obsession with HotWheels, I was not surprised when he said he wanted a HotWheels party. We started off his party by painting (that's right painting with 5 year olds) some race cars.

The finished products.

Then we had lunch which consisted of race car shaped sandwiches, and fruit.

Jackson's crew.

Opening of presents.

Followed by cake.

We ended the party with a HotWheels themed treasure hunt, which led us to the take home goodie boxes. The last two clues read, "You have been caught speeding and sent to jail. Go to the place where you sleep behind bars" (Sadie's crib). Followed by, " You broke out of jail, now finish the race. Your car needs a bath, what's the best place" (bathtub).

Jackson spent the afternoon playing with his new toys, including this Spiderman sprinkler.
After dinner Jackson got to open MORE presents! This time from us and other family members.

Opening MarioKart from my mom and Ken. He was so excited. After he finished opening his presents inside we had one more surprise for him.

Doesn't he look cool driving a motorcycle? Much cooler than driving around that Barbie Jeep. I'm sure he feels much more manly now.

I think Jackson had a great day. He received so many wonderful gifts, cards, and phone calls from everyone who loves him. Thank you to you all!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

The motorcycle is killing me! too funny! Is this the one you got from Shane Bird?
I thought you did a great job on the birthday! Eli had a great time!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

How fun! I bet he had a blast. How are you going to top a motorcycle for his 6th?!

Melissa Summers said...

Love the treasure hunt idea. I can't think of things like that. Cute cake too. Love the motorcycle. You are right it is much more manly than the barbie car.

Kerri said...

The motorcycle is way cool! I can't see him ride it down the street! Looks like he had a great birthday!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! What a fun party and cool motorcycle!

Sheree Flick Photography said...

Love the bike and love that Jerret and Syrus were able to spend the day with Jackson. Yay for friends and birthdays! Happy Birthday Jackson!