Thursday, July 9, 2009

Megan's 9th Birthday

The kids and I started off Megan's birthday with a trip to the Dinosaur Park. I was personally dreading this trip, due to the heat, but it turned out just fine. It was downright pleasant in the shade with a little breeze. And of course the kids were fine after playing in all of the water features. Our amazing parks, are definitely a benefit to Las Vegas living.

After Eric got home, Megan finally got to open her presents.

She received craft supplies, a Nintendo DS, a couple of DS games, flip-flops (which she was in desperate need of), money, and clothes. After we opened presents, Megan chose to go to Chuck E. Cheese.

Going on a weekday night was great. It wasn't busy at all, so you could pretty much play any game you wanted, whenever you wanted.

After we got home Megan blew out her 9 candles, and we got to have dessert. I think Megan had a great day.

4 comments:

bloodfamily said...

Did you wrap her gifts in cereal boxes? That is awesome! I love to use the "funnies" from the Sunday paper to wrap my kids' gifts. I can't believe that Meghan is 9!

Kellie DeMille said...

Chuck E Cheese is the BEST! How fun!!

Rachael said...

Looks like a fun birthday! And the cake was delicious! Thanks for sharing it!

Cardalls said...

Happy Birthday Megan!