Every week I go through all of my store ads and
inevitability there are numerous things at numerous stores that I want to purchase. However I have no desire to go to 6 different stores, so I finally decided to try price matching at
Wal-Mart. I have to admit that it was a bit of work, that required extra time, and a lot of organization, but compared to driving to 6 different stores, it was worth it. Price matching alone ended up saving me about $30. I used ads from
Walgreens,
CVS, Smiths,
Vons,
Albertsons, and Food 4 Less. I also chose to go at a time (9:30 p.m.) and chose to go to a
Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market instead of a regular
Wal-Mart, in hopes that I would annoy fewer people. Luckily it wasn't that busy, but 5 people behind me did end up leaving my line when they saw I was price matching. Well too bad for them. I saved $30 and they didn't. I could have saved more, but I restrained myself to only buy things we actually need. I have a tendency to buy things I don't need, just because they are such a good deal, so I do need that restraining.

Check out the size of my receipt? It almost spans the entire kitchen table.
Couponing and price matching creates a huge receipt and a huge mess. My table is still not cleaned up.
7 comments:
I am proud of you for doing that! I still haven't. You didn't want to go to The Wal-Mart on Craig on a Saturday?
Good for you! So what are you going to do with the $30? JK
Man you are awesome! I don't seem to have the patience for price matching. Hey but $30 bucks is $30 bucks. Enjoy!
I should really start doing the price matching and coupons but I just don't have the patience. Good for you.
Yeah Sarah! The problem is it's so addicting. I want to have a coupon for everything and will wait to buy things until I have coupons for them. I see you got your free candy bar coupons. Aren't they GREAT!?!!
I haven't tried the price matching thing...might be worth it. Do they let you do that and coupons?
Yep. You can do coupons and price matching.
Nice work babe! I'll take you out to dinner with that $30 you saved!
Post a Comment