Monday, July 27, 2009

At One O'Clock

At 1 O'Clock Today:

1. I have three sick children. 2 (Jackson and Sadie) who seem to have the same thing, and seem to hopefully be on the mend, and 1 (Megan) who has a fever, cough, sore throat, and is exhausted. Since Megan is generally not a sleeper, finding her asleep in her bed at one o'clock in the afternoon, makes for an unusual day.

2. I also have a very hot house! Since Megan is sick and has been extremely cold all day, I have had to turn my air conditioning off. For your information 84 degrees, inside, is feeling very hot today. And it keeps getting hotter. It now reads 86 degrees!

3. I captured a little snapshot of my countertop that very accurately describes our morning. Multiple medicine containers, peanut butter and honey (from lunch), and my DIET Dr. Pepper which is disgusting but I am drinking it anyway in my quest to lose weight.

4. At one o'clock I also found this sweet boy putting laundry away, without ever being asked. I am also working on a hotwheels themed birthday party for said boy this week. Luckily his guest list is very, very small, and still very young, so they won't be too critical of my party planning skills.


"Have you been dealing with summer sickness?
What do you keep your house temperature at?
Do you drink Diet drinks?"

12 comments:

Kerri said...

Lauryn and I had a bit of the bug last week, but much better now. Stay away!! We don't want to get sick! We keep our house around 80 Seems like I freeze when the air is running and then hot when it's off. It's very hard to find a comfortable in-between.
I drink Diet Coke (too, too much). I am actually starting today with Ms. Jillian Michaels and her 30 Day Shred. So only water for me- fingers crossed I have the will-power!

Rachael said...

That is NOT a good sign when she is asleep at 1pm! Not good at all!
Man-we keep our air at 78ish-I can't imagine how hot your house is!!!
No diet for me...Just quit the soda thing all together! JK

Kate said...

Diet Pepsi is the best but a Diet Coke will do in a pinch. McDonalds has the best Diet Coke. Their syrup/soda ratio is right on. I think when you become a teacher, they must inject you with a Diet Coke bug because I don't think I know any teachers who don't LOVE Diet Coke.

Melissa Summers said...

No illness at our house this summer. We keep our temp at 80-82. I hate diet Dr. Pepper. It taste like medicine. I would rather just drink water or stay overweight. And by the by what weight are you trying to lose you look great!!!

bloodfamily said...

We haven't had the sickness thing yet this year. I think we made up for it last year when Bryce ended up in the hospital for dehydration. We keep our house at 78 no matter what, and I hate diet drinks. I really prefer water.

Autumn said...

Cj is not feeling normal today. I think it is the heat and he is not drinking enough fluids. We have no AC and our house is 88 right now. It is exceptionally hot for Washington!!Normally we are between 75 and 80. As for pop! Not good for the teeth or body!Diet is just gross and has all that bad fake sugar!! Try some fruit2o it is pretty good for water!!

Kellie DeMille said...

So sorry your kids are sick! That's the worst. We keep our house at 83 and it is warm. It's sad because chocolate actually melts in the cupboards. I just can't pay the huge power bills in the summer is why. Diet drinks are the devil and I refuse to go near them. You look great by the way, dump the diet!

Rachel H. said...

Diet Dr Pepper is nasty, I'm currently drinking full loaded Dr P right now. I'm with the others, what weight? We keep the house at 78 in the summer and 74 in the winter. I think it drives my dad nuts, but I hate large temperature changes. Funny how the tables are turned and he's not allowed touch the thermostat in my house! Ha!

Jossie said...

We have been pretty fortunate this summer with sickness. Tyler has some allergies going on but that's about it. My house is at 76 right now (72 upstairs at night because I'm SO hot) and it's still too hot for me right now. Oh, and you know my Diet Coke addiction. I actually really like Diet Dr. Pepper :-) I think you'll get used to it. My little sister switched to Diet sodas and lost 8 pound fairly quickly. Not like you need to but I know it works :-)

Cardalls said...

Garrett has a fever today...we're headed out of town tomorrow...fun times ahead i can feel it! hope your kiddos get better soon!

Brooke Low said...

My house is currently (naturally) at 68 degrees. While in LV we kept it at 80 and the AC NEVER shut off. Diet Dr. Pepper and Fresca are the only diet drinks I can handle. I drink a lot to try and replace all the junk I normally eat. Sorry about your summer sickness bout, I experienced ours the week we moved in.

Sheree Flick Photography said...

I hear ya girl! I had a NASTY flu, and it was not fun. I also feel guilty being home with the AC on, so it doesn't come on until Lee gets home at 5:30 p.m. 87 degrees is really HOT.