Many years ago Eric's grandpa sold his house to an elementary school. There was a stipulation that he would be able to live in the house until his death and then the family would have 6 months before it would be turned over to the school. As he lived to be 98, the school has been waiting a LONG time for his house. So while in Logan we made sure to visit it one last time.
The kiddies on the basement stairs:
Eric doesn't remember the house looking any different than it does today. And my grandma's houses never changed either. I wonder if it is a generational thing not to redecorate, or if I will ever get to that point too?
Doesn't this old football helmet look kind of like those helmets they have babies wear to reshape their heads?
Eric told Jackson to look tough. This is the best he could do:
He's a lover, not a fighter.
Our last morning in Logan was gorgeous. The air warmed up just enough to soften up the snow. Eric's dad took the kids out to build a snowman, and before we knew it (seriously like 5 minutes later), they had this masterpiece built.
Soon it was time to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa:
And great-grandpa's house:
Tear drop.
1 more to go!
1 more to go!
1 comment:
What a weird little arrangement. I wonder if he ever felt like the school was waiting for him to die. I wonder when I'll get to that point of never rearranging the decorations. Jason's Grandma has a Christmas decoration that hangs from her ceiling year long and I can't stand it. Maybe it is a generational thing!
Post a Comment