Monday, January 13, 2014

12 X 12 - January 2014

We switched to 1 o'clock church this year and I can't begin to express how much I love it! I know I am in the minority, but to me being able to sleep in makes it so worth it. We won't mention that the kids and I were still 5 minutes late to church (I COULD NOT FIND something). Anyway...I finally forced myself out of bed and discovered it was 10:02 a.m.
 
Which is my birthday month and day (10/02). I always notice the clock when it is 10:02. Eric always notices the clock when it is 11:11 (no birthday significance for him). Does anyone else have this bit of kismet? Also, I have changed my wallpaper screen to a shot of money so I can bring more of it into my life this year.
 
Bath time for Sade:
 
 
 
 While getting ready, Tucker came and relaxed on one of his favorite perches at the end of my bed:
 
 
I finally forced Jackson to cut his nails. He is content to let them grow and grow and grow (gross), so I have to step in:
 
 
Sade snapped this pic of Megan playing the piano. She has finally consented to piano lessons (yippee!) and starts this week:
 
 
(Try to ignore the ginormous box of hockey equipment on the floor).
 
I snapped these pics of the kids at church. They both sit on my side by the piano this year, and I love having such a good view of them. Although bitsy baby Sade is in the very back row, so I don't know how much she can see.
 
 
But Jackson sits literally right next to me. Lucky him and lucky me!
 
 
Just a quick car self-portrait (selfie?) on the way home from church:
 
 
I thought that when Eric was released as Ward Mission Leader and didn't have to attend Ward Council anymore that he would get to drive with us to church. But that has not been the case. He always has some other meeting to attend or has to go pick people up or take them home. 
 
Upon arriving home we did a bit of cleaning. It was Jacksons turn to unload the dishwasher. It takes him an inordinate amount of time.
 
 
Eric called on his way home and asked if the kids and I would like to drive out to the library with him. He had to leave town early this morning (Monday) and hadn't had time to get any new audio books to listen to on his drive.
 
I really love driving around at my favorite time of day (dusk) and I really love him:  
 
 
We had to drive out to the Centennial library and all I can say is "WOW!" It is high tech coolness. It was so high tech we had to have assistance while checking out:
 
 
When you compare this library to the Aliante library it becomes glaringly obvious that Las Vegas has a lot more money to spend than North Las Vegas.
 
Upon arriving home we all played some Just Dance 2014. It's a hit with the entire family.
 
 
Good Sunday.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I do happen to look at the clock when it is 9:21 (My birthday)...Alexis does the same with 7:10. Interesting!
I wish I could see you as Primary Chorister...I am sure you are wonderful!
I don't think I have been to the Las Vegas library...I continue to go to the Aliante one!
SUNDAY SELFIE!!! #sorrynotsorry

chercard said...

Dave always notices 9:19 and so now I always notice it. I don't really notice when it's 5:18 (my bday). Tyler always notices 12:34 (1,2,3,4)

Kellie DeMille said...

Almost every single day I notice 5:22 (my b-day). I am very angry when I am awake at that time in the morning :) I love the money shot on your phone, I hope it works! Is it a boy thing? What is with the nasty nails? Tyson has to be tackled and held to down to trim the things. Nasty! I love your black piano and am seriously going to paint mine now. I've been toying with the idea for a while and now I am sold. I am so glad Megan is going to learn piano, it is the best skill to have! I am still kicking myself for never learning, my Mom is a piano teacher for goodness sake! I like living in North Las Vegas, we can't have anything too fancy. I guess it keeps us humble :)